BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

Howdy Ed, glad to have u here.
We take it in Swe..... Fasen vilka snygga hölster, du har blivit mycket bättre bara på 1år.
Translation. Darn thats beautiful holsters, u have got much better holstermaker on just one year.
Mr Ed here is a shooter friend of mine ;D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ed Frost

Howdy BHB !!! Thank you  ;D Big Mac told me you won duellist this weekend!!!! Stort Grattis ;D ;D ;D (Congratulations) Ed
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

Boothill Bob

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ed Frost

Thats great! I"m sure they"ll keep coming!!! ;D   Did you recognice the canon in my picture?

Boothill Bob

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ed Frost

The one I am standing next to !!!

Boothill Bob

Oh yea, its on blue mountiain :D

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ed Frost

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on February 23, 2011, 12:05:14 PM
Welcome to our forum Ed

Well for being new at this, I'd say you are doing  dang good, your holsters and gun belt are beautiful, your designs are also very nice, and colors look great, we're glad to have you joining in with us, and we hope you will continue to stay active in your leather craft, I like everything I see, you're doing a lot better than I did with my first try's, keep up the great work. ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

ps, Great picture, I liked it so much I made a copy ;) :D ;D

Thanks for the kind words 10W !!! ;D I will definitly continue with this! It is great fun! ;D ;D ;D    This is a 4" pocket holster I made a while ago.

Ed Frost

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice work Ed, I can tell by your work that you enjoy working with leather, good to have you with us.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I just finished up a new holster, it's a West Texas style variation, I made the skirt more contoured and flared, and used a simple border as to not take away from the overall look of the holster, the color is a new batch of my natural walnut dye/stain I cooked up a few weeks ago, this batch was much stronger than my others, and gave me really nice color in a short time, this holster is made for an 1860 Colt revolver.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look see

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

MORE

Boothill Bob

Beautiful holster, love the color

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Wolf Tracker

Ed   very nice work you do. Glad you joined the forum.

TW   That is a very nice holster. I really like the way the walnut dye comes out.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Bob and Wolf Tracker, the more I use my natural dyes the more I like them, this last batch I made was the strongest batch so far, the color was fantastic, and I didn't have to leave my leather submerged longer than a couple minutes. I'm glad you like it, the West Texas style holster is a great design.

tEN wOLVES  :D

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome to the forum, Swifty, Ed. You both posted some good work, there. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Rod, that holster is outstanding. The color looks good enough to eat. That's a great batch of dye. Nice work on the dye making and great work on the holster. Thumbs up to that one.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Will, I had fun with this one, glad you like it

tEN wOLVES  ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

That's the color I was hoping to get with my first batch, which didn't come anywhere close. Have you tried a 3 or 4 hour dunk yet? That should be something. Very nice.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on February 23, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
That's the color I was hoping to get with my first batch, which didn't come anywhere close. Have you tried a 3 or 4 hour dunk yet? That should be something. Very nice.

I haven't tried it longer than just a few minutes yet Will, but I'm going to, I just couldn't believe the color I was getting just with a fast dunking, I used a hair drier after that to get the effect I was after, and that darkened it even more, it was so cold in the shop that I ended up warming some of my dye and that even made it better. I've found that working with these natural dyes, that their uses are wide open as are the way they are applied, I think that's why I like them so well, it's hard to mess up, and everything you do is another creation, if that makes any sense.

KidTerico

TW thats a beautifut piece of leather work your showing. The color is great. Thats one of the nicest pieces I,ve seen comming out of your shop. Keep em comming. Terry   KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com