BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

Thanks Dave and congratulation to you and all the other winners also. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Well done and well deserved, pards. Congrats.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

I echo what Will said, congrats for sure, well done pards ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Wiley Desperado

Wad, you should be proud of that great looking rig and shotgun belt, nicely done.

Rossmaker, both of those rigs are right on the money.

Wiley

WaddWatsonEllis

Why Thanks,

Like other people have said, I only see the mistakes ... but I am getting much more okay with the finished product ..,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Wolf Tracker

Congratulations guys, it is well deserved.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

Clicker I wont admit it. KT ::)

Swifty Morgon

Hi all, new to this forum, and must say it is full of some very good info and some of the best leather work I ever saw. I am also new to CAS and am having a ball. Been a shooter all my life but the single actions are a blast. I have worked with leather for 35 or so years and love this forum. I spent several years working as a cowboy in feed lots in KS, OK, and TX and made most of my own saddles and gear. About 20 years ago I owned and operated a saddle shop here in Okla. Made my fortune (LOL) and had to get a real job. I decided to post a few pictures, some old, some newer. Photo quality on some is not great, the old pictures are fading.
First picture is a saddle I made for one of my mules when I worked as a cowboy.
Rootunist  Tootunist Cowboy this side of the Pecos. Bronc stomper, wild woman tamer, will shoot for fun.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Welcome to our forum Swifty Morgon, we're glad to have you with us, that's a good looking saddle pard, I think you will have a lot to contribute, we're a friendly bunch, so feel free to join in.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Swifty Morgon

Here is some cuffs, and spur straps I turned out. Funny thing I made cuffs back before cowboy action was popular. Sold a bunch of them on ebay etc. I also traded lots of cowboy memorablia like spurs, bits saddles etc etc. Made lots of old west trade shows. By doing so I got invited to lots of them through the mail. One day I received a sale catalog from Co. (Bonser and Co. Auctioneers), anyway I was thumbing through the pages and there was a set of Rafter K cuffs with a picture to be auctioned off. It did my heart good to see my work in with such greats as Harpan Bros., Meanea, Heiser, etc. Probably didnt do the buyers heart to much good if they figured out their antique cuffs were about 6 months old.
Rootunist  Tootunist Cowboy this side of the Pecos. Bronc stomper, wild woman tamer, will shoot for fun.

Swifty Morgon

Thanks Ten Wolves. Here is a photo album I did. From the looks of things on this thread there are many great leather carvers on here. I am in the process of starting on a rig and some other items for my shooters. When I get going good I will post some pictures. Thanks

Wolf Tracker

Swifty  Welcome to the forum. There's alot of great pards and alot of good ideas here. lookin forward to see more of your work.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

GunClick Rick

BUT! Are you the REAL Swifty Morgan!? ??? ;D

Nice picture of Ten Donkeys :D I didn't know he liked a double blanket..

Very nice leather work too..HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY

http://www.jacquielawson.com/preview.asp?cont=1&hdn=5&pv=3143706&path=83560
Bunch a ole scudders!

Swifty Morgon

Rick Im probable more the Jack Elam type than the Chuck Conners type.  ;D

KidTerico

Welcome aboard Swifty. Nice leather work your showing. KT

Dr. Bob

Well DAMN!  This thread keeps kicking me off!  Then I miss all the great work that you guys keep posting!  What a great bunch of new work fellows!  It all is just knocking my eyes out!  Y'all done real good!!!!!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Wiley Desperado

Swifty, nice leather work, welcome to the forum.
wiley

Ed Frost

Howdy folks !!!  ;D I am very impressed of the stuff I have seen on the forum!This is some holsters i made the last weeks.I am pretty new at this,so all tips are welcome...
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Welcome to our forum Ed

Well for being new at this, I'd say you are doing  dang good, your holsters and gun belt are beautiful, your designs are also very nice, and colors look great, we're glad to have you joining in with us, and we hope you will continue to stay active in your leather craft, I like everything I see, you're doing a lot better than I did with my first try's, keep up the great work. ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

ps, Great picture, I liked it so much I made a copy ;) :D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com