BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

P.S. I found you another hat KT just your size too i think..I ain't gonna clean it just shape it up a little better,you want a different hatband on it?

Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

First, if the cat broke the skin,

... ferile cats and other wild mamals have a nasty habit of carrying things like the Plague and Tularemia around here

So I would talk to my doc about a broad range antibiotic ...

I would also talk to my doc about whether my tetanus shot was up to date ....

And for the future, a small 22 like a Walther might come in handy ... one that makes a small pop rather than a handgun sound when it goes off ... or a STRONG pellet gun ... tapped right behind the skull.

Also, carry some nitrile gloves in your glove compartment ... some of the things like Talaremia can live for a long time after the death of an animal.

Now, I'll take my medic cap off and tell you I am so thankful that you survived this with only an anecdote to share with us ... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

cowboy316

howdy pards
me again with another coaster piece i just did last night
i went back to a pattern that ive done several times
instead of trying to do ones that ive drawn and havent fine
tuned the stamping
thanks for lookin and all the kind words
Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Tim, you still have it. That tooling looks great. Glad to see you back at it again.

BB, you should have that looked at, like WWE suggested. Sounds like an interesting time, though. :o

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Rod, how in the WORLD did I miss that rig of yours? I know I was flying through the thread, but I should have seen it. The comments after my last post made me realize I'd missed one. That is a fantastic looking rig all the way around, and an excellent example of a money belt. The toe plug looks great too. Nice work friend, sorry I missed it the first time through.

Bill, those are good looking flap holsters for sure. The stitching really looks good too.   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Skeeter Lewis

Beau boulot! Good to see you here again.

10W, do you find that the slim jim is held snugly with that loop? I've only made one, and there was too much movement...

Very nice work.....

Skeet

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks JD, I miss some of the post too, I appreciate your comment, and I'm glad you you got to see Marshal Deadwoods new holster, in fact it's on it's way to him now.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

Skeeter, I made the loop on this holster for a 2 1/2" belt, the design of this holster allows the gun to lay out from the body, which is how it was worn, I have made holsters with a solid belt opening, no loop at all, this was for a pard that wanted his gun to be held close in to his body, so he could wear a dress coat and not have his gun show or stick out very much, this is OK if your body shape allows for this type design, but for most they will find the grip of the gun will rub their side, and isn't as comfortable as having the the loop and allowing the gun to hang away from the body.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

C316 nice job. Looks good. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

buckskin billy

yeah pards i went wednesday to the doctor and got a tetanus shot , as it has been years since i had one. doc looked over my bite and asked me a few questions and said if i had any more problems come see her. i been doctoring it up neosporin and boiled it out the first couple of days with peroxide.
  i been looking at getting one of the crossman 1861 shiloh pellet pistols that look like a 58 remington to carry with me while i'm trapping in town.
thanks for the tip on the sterile gloves and the concerns
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

GunClick Rick

Yep the Marshall got a nice one!
Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Johnny McCrae

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

WaddWatsonEllis

Johnny McRae,

So I can guess they worn the Superbowl?

NCOWS #3403

Johnny McCrae

Yup! And the Lombardi Trophy is going back home where it belongs.... Lambeau Field
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

KidTerico

Johnny my friend YOU are a BIG TROUBLE MAKER.Terry ;D ;D ;D >:(
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good-looking holster, Bill. Your work is superb. Clean and to the point.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wiley Desperado

Missouri Half Breed

Most of you have seen this but the cowboy i made this for took some good photos of it so i thought id post it again
your a daisy if you do

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Missouri Half Breed, that,s a dandy of a rig, nice work, and thanks for the look see ::) :o
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com