BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

Glad to hear your OK, Take it easy and recover,  Like TW said the leather will still be there.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Marshal Will Wingam

I'm glad to hear you're OK, pard. A few staples is an easy thing to recover from. Take things slow and don't overdo it. Darn good thing you were in an International. Those are as solid as anything and better than most.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

That is nice, KT. I like the angle you put those conchos. It's pleasing to look at. Very cool rig.

Chuck, that rig is done well. The tooling is really good. Very nice work.

Dave, that's another great knife. I like the water moccasin inlay on the sheath. Cool touch. Looks good.

Beautiful Remmie rig, Wiley. I like the clean look with just the right border. The color sets them off nicely, too. Good job.

Forty Rod

I had a very close friend killed in a '66 Scout in 1994.  He was T-boned by a flatbed carrying a skip loader.  The Scout was drivable (Ugly and eventually scrapped because of all the damage) but Jack died from ricochetting all over the inside when it rolled FIVE times.  I can't help thinking he might have survived if he'd been wearing seat belts.  I haven't driven without them since that day.

Glad you came out without more damage. 

God bless.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Drayton Calhoun

Here's a rig I made about 16 or 17 years ago, don't use it often, a little flashier than I normally wear.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

GunClick Rick

I'd be makin GOD a REAL NICE WALLET,angel stamping sounds good~~Glad you made it pard,that was too close :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, DC. The two-tone is good. It makes the tooling really pop. Good work.

Dalton Masterson

Glad your still on the green side of the world Tim. Them Internationals are built like tanks.
Take your time getting back to the leather. You will have some sore muscles showing up you didnt know you had.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

WaddWatsonEllis

Dalton,

Good point about the muscles  .... for the next week or so, NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) are probably going to be your good friends ... just be sure and use them as the physician/pharmacists instructs you .... especially about taking them with food .... no sense trading pain (from sore muscles) for a pre-ulcerative tummy ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Wiley Desperado

Thanks, KT and Marshal much appreciated.
wiley ;D

Django

Hi i just finished this rig similar to page 112 Packing Iron made  1880--1890 by Moran Bros, Miles City.

Hope you like it!
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

Missouri Half Breed

to all my pards i havent been on the web much becaus i fell and cracked my skull burised my brain and blead into it im slowley getting better but its going to be a while i just got started trying to do some leather work but its like im learning all over again i just wanted to say howdy to all my pards im having trouble rembering names so ill just say it to ya all i hope to get back in full but the doctor says i might never fully recover 100 persent so goes life it could have been worse, my sons grandfather fell the same way i did but wasent nobody ther to take him to the hospital for two days he died yesterday so i feal lucky there was some one to get me to the hospital as soon as they did im working on my verson of wills flames of hell rig soon as i get some picts ill try to post them ( if you are new to this fourm you cant ask for a better bunch of guys thell allwasy give you good advice)
thanks for all the help you guys gave me when i started out.
Missouri Half Breed
your a daisy if you do

Missouri Half Breed

EE Taft your work is great i wish i could get the two tone dying down
your a daisy if you do

WaddWatsonEllis

Missourri Half Breed,

I am sorry to hear about you and your father's calamities, but it is good to hear that you are on the mend ...

And as an old ex-medic, I would think that the leatherwork would be great for rebuilding those fine motor skills. Just be be very careful of those round knives and sharp utility knives as you grow back

All my best (you are in my prayers) ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Skeeter Lewis

Nice work, Django. That's the authentic look!

Johnny McCrae

Lots of excellent Leather Work posted here lately! My compliments to everyone. Many thanks for sharing all of your talents and expertise with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Dr. Bob

Johnny, you are so right!  Great work fellows! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Sorry to hear about your father's fall. My condolences to all of you.

It's very good that you are on the mend. Rest up and do what the doc says to get back to normal. See you when you're able.

Marshal Will Wingam

You really did a good job on that, Django. It really looks like it jumped off the page. Thumbs up.

Wiley Desperado

Django, I have been admiring your gunleather work for awhile and it is outstanding you are really able to capture the style and coloring of the old west gunleather. 
wiley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com