BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

Thanks again for all the positive comments; they are appreciatedf.

Terry, that Bling Rig ROCKS!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Chuck 100 yd

Here are a couple pictures of my finished HOG rig.

I have to say that friend Will`s pattern was right on for fit and hole locations. I made plexiglas templates of the parts with holes drilled for all holes including stitch holes for the bullet loops.
It does take some faith in the man to punch some 60+ holes in your project hoping they line up when done. Thanks Will!
;D

You will note I did customize the band around the holsters to make them a little bit mine.

These holsters are my first attempt at carving a floral design and this is my first belt.
I am starting a knife sheath to go along with them in the morning.
My next set will be Walnut died and made for my old Vaquaro .44`s.

Kid Terico

Chuck beautiful rig . you made  yourself one to be PROUD of. KT

Wolf Tracker

KT and Chuck   Those are both some nice rigs. Thanks for sharing.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Cliff Fendley

That is a beautiful rig Chuck. Nice carving!
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Chuck 100 yd

Thanks guys, KT`s rig is very nice and the kind of work I strive to copy.  ;)

Dave Cole

Great rigs, JD,KT and Chuck.Dave :)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well Chuck, I'd say you did a dandy job on this HOG rig, it is very neat and well executed, my hat's off to ya pard. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dave Cole

Just finished up this Deer leg Dagger for KT.It has a 6" 1095 blade.The sheath is Braintan over vegtan with Rawhide beltloop and top band inlayed in Water Moccasin.Dave  :)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Another beautiful piece Dave, from knife to sheath, they're both awesome, and look like they belong in a museum of western artifacts, KT will be doing summer salts and flips for sure, I can see him now. ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Thanks Dave , Outstanding job. They really go good together. Justn what I wanted and TW you will have to do the flips for this old man. KT ;)

GunClick Rick

Man that it sweet to the bone!!!! :) :) :) Dave you are the Magic Man :-*
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Chuck. Thats a  beautiful rig. I cant belive thats your first floral
Carving :o
Did u follow Wills "how to make"?
BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Chuck 100 yd

Boothill Bob , Yes ! Without Will`s how to I am sure it would have been a mess.
I am a pretty eclectic guy and have dabbled in many disciplines but I must say. holster makin is one of the most rewarding of all.
I started a sheath to go with that rig this morning. No carving on it though, just stamping to match the belt.
Thanks again for the compliments .  ;)

Boothill Bob

Will's how to is great :-) I cant wait to see that sheath  :P
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Wiley Desperado

Howdy folks, I've been absent lately, just scrolled through the pages to marvel at the work being shown here.  WOW!! some mighty pretty gunleather, knife sheaths and knives!! Congratulations to all you fine leatherworking and knife making cowboys. Lately, I've been doing some concealed carry holster making and I know we're not supposed to be showing that semi-auto stuff on this site.  However, here is a cowboy rig for a pair of 1858 Remington conversions and matching shot shell belt I recently finished. 
Wiley

cowboy316

Howdy Pards
my heart was telling me this morning that i needed to let my leather working friends what happened to me
yesterday when i was helping my friend feed cows we had just got done feeding and had pulled pack on to the highway
and didnt have far to go to get back to the ranch turn and as we were turning left into the ranch we were hit by a semi that we never saw because of the sun shining in the mirrorswe got hit in the drivers door and spun several time before stopping in the ditch the only reason mt and my friend are still alive is the good LOrd above had his loving hands on both of us and also the fact we were in a 67 international pick up 100% american steel no one was hurt bad just bumps and bruises and i recieved a 8 inch gash on the back of my head that required 12 staples but all in all il be back to the bench in a few days but am taking the Bosses
(my wife btw) advice in just relaxing for several days
thanks pards for all your support and the support upcoming
Cowboy316

Kid Terico

Wiley beautiful looking job on the rig. Ireally like the shape of the holsters. KT

Kid Terico

Cowboy sorry to hear about your accident. You were very lucky. Get well soon. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Glad you're OK Tim, just go easy and take good care of yourself pard, the leather will always be there when you're ready for it. ::)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery ;) :D

tEN wOLVES  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com