BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeter Lewis

Thanks, pards, for the kind comments.
Skeet

GunClick Rick

:o      Jesus KT,if a robber seen you comin with that,he would just stop and give you all the money he has and say thank you,may i go now?? :'(

Sheeemaneee crimineeeey that is SMOKIN buddy!! Unbelievable!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

My latest knife by Scott Rousch.KT

GunClick Rick

Sheeesh KT that's a SHARP lookin knife!!! ;D RR spike for the blade?
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

Arizona Cattleman

Skeeter, you work and carving is outstanding, Dave WOW!!!, What a great knife,  KT, what can I say but that is a coooool rig. Man, what a creative mind you have.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Gun Butcher

Another beauty Kid.  Love that blade!!!! :o
GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

QuoteSkeeter, you work and carving is outstanding, Dave WOW!!!, What a great knife,  KT, what can I say but that is a coooool rig. Man, what a creative mind you have.
My sentiments exactly! Many thanks for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

That's one fine knife and sheath, KT. The rig is also beautiful. The extra leather was worth it. Very nice. AC is right, there's no end to your creativity.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Cliff Fendley

Very cool rig KT, looks like that must have taken about 3/4ths of a large cow for that one :D

Skeeter, that is some outstanding carving, great job on the Meanea design.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Kid Terico

Cliff pretty close. Thanks to all of you. KT

daddyeaux

That is some good looking stuff.......

JD Alan

I just took a quick look at the past 4 pages; I've just not had time to spend more than a few minutes on the forum lately, but you guys have done some great work

Christmas is a busy time for a pastor. I've slowly been working on a project for a friend, and hope to post some pics in a few days
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Chuck 100 yd

I agree, some very fine work posted in this thread.
Where is that drool smiley? You guys give the rest of us something to shoot for.  :)

JD Alan

I made this for a friend from the Orygun Cowboys. He's a lefty shooting cross draw. I used a Slowhand Bob pattern (thanks Robby) with a few modifications and then dropped them significantly at the shooter's request. Both holsters have a 10 degree cant.

I used 6/7 Herman Oak for both sides of the holsters. I used a two needle saddle stitch with Tandy waxed linen thread. The belt is a 3 inch wide ranger style; I used a strip of the 6/7 HO line with a piece of 4/5 suede. That combination produced a very supple belt. I used a piece of 9/10 for the billet and chape.

I used Fiebing's pro oil dye in Walnut. The color and border stamp were the shooter's choice, as are the Conchos. I used metal to line the area from just above the cylinder to just short of where it curves over the belt, allowing the shooter to adjust, to some degree the angle of the holster.

I've just about completed a keeper for the belt, and we're still discussing ways to keep the holsters locked, so to speak on the belt. He plans on wearing the belt with the buckle behind him, and would like the holsters secured to the belt where they would not move at all. We experimented with another holster and belt, punching a hole through both and attaching them together with a Chicago screw. David like the way that felt, so after shooting with these to determine exactly where he wants the holsters on the belt we may use that method.    

As always I learned some things from this project, so there are a few things I'll do differently next time, but overall I'm happy with the way these turned out. The help and advice I've received from so many great guys on the forum has proved to be priceless, and for that I thank you very much.        

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy JD,

What a nice way to start the New Year... posting the great Rig you have just finished. Nicely done! Your friend will be proud to wear this.

Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

JD, you aced it, if I were there I'd give you a big hug pard, it looks great your stitching and tooling everything all around is beautiful, your friend has good taste in conchos and border stamps, and the color came out nice too, I like that extra drop, it sure makes drawing much easier and that muzzle forward cant is very user friendly. Well done pard, and thanks for the look see. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

JD nice rig your showing. I really like your finish work. You really have come a long way. Keep it up. First class. KT ;)

Boothill Bob

Jd, thats a very fine rig, he will be vary proud.. Love te patten, will try to make a fast draw my
self som day  :D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

GunClick Rick

Fast lookin rig,quality in that one,looks way cool JD :) I knew the preacher had a dark side... ::)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com