BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeter Lewis

Beautiful work, Bob.

Same to you, KT!

Wolf Tracker

That is a very cool headband and a equally cool display that you came up with for it. I like the way the colors of the blanket make the colors of the headband pop out.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Rick, you have talent pard, that box looks great the way you fixed it up. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Clicker thats a very nice arrangement. Great job. Cant wait to see what you come up with for mine, KT ;)

GunClick Rick

I'm doin a spear for you ya ole neanderthal :D :D :D

Thanks for your thoughts guys,i want to make sure i'm doin right.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Cliff Fendley

You knocked that one out of the park KT! Looks awesome!
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Gun Butcher

Kid, you got a winner there. I really like the elegance of this one. The basket weave is perfect and the color is fantastic.
Great job.
Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Tanx for the call KT, really fun talking to u. Now I know how to make the holster....
//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Kid Terico

Bob the pleasure was all mine and next time I will remember there is a 6 hour time change between here and Sweden. Wont call you at 2  AM. KT ;) :D ;D ;D

Boothill Bob

Thats ok KT. Now I will get some more leather so I can try to make the holster  :)
There is better price on leather in the US but I dont know how much the shipping
and custom is. I should check it out.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Kid Terico

Heres another FINE example of workmenship comming out of Gun Butchers shop. I wanted something different and heres what he came up with. Thanks GB its outstanding. KT

Dr. Bob

GB,

A mighty fine looking horn.  Definitely got that WOW factor!  ;D

KT,

Ya got a good one there!!  ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Gun Butcher

Thank you Kid and Dr Bob.  I seem to be stuck on the horn making but then it does include some leather every now and then.
GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice horn you made there GB, I think you have this art down to a science, well done done pard. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

BH, beautiful tooling on that WB holster. Outstanding.

KT, your BW inlay is really the cat's meow. Looks good.

Nice work, pards. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Very fine horn, GB. I really like the contrasting leather/horn.

I've been playing with computers all week. I've been on tech support for MS Security Center several days to get the virus off. Yesterday the computer died. I dropped it off at the local computer experts today to see if they can resurrect it from the grave.
Meanwhile, I've been configuring my wife's replacement computer. It has Windows 7 on it. That's my first exposure to it. Looks good so far. She's using it now. As an emergency measure, she was using an old one that got hot and blue screened a couple times. That one is squirrelly all on its own. She's glad to put it back in the closet. If the techs can save her other one, it'll become the spare and the blue-screen special will go away.

My computer seems to be holding its own, so it may not be infected. We'll see.

LOL, in the middle of all this, one of my wife's monitors stopped working. It took an hour to find out that the cat likes the little lights on the buttons and was playing them like a piano. Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm starting to see the light of day. It looks like I have some catching up to do on all those great threads out there.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Last Thursday I restarted my computer for an update (not windows) to take effect. It then would not boot back up. I had to do a "system restore" and then it worked just fine. I have Windows-7 and this is the first time this type of problem has occurred. My computer Guru says this was probably due to my computer not receiving actual Windows-7 updates. He set my computer so it will receive them. It then received a total of (45) windows-7 updates.

I have a Dell Laptop hooked up to a 19" monitor and a wireless keyboard -mouse. Every morning a backup is performed on a Passport backup hard drive. The Laptop goes with us when we travel.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Better monitor that cat Marshall ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi Y'all,

I know that this forum is for 'finished projects', but I thought I was finished until I went to pull out a pistol.

Half the holster wanted to come up with the pistol. So I thought I might sew a single or double thickness piece of leather horizontally between the back flap of the loop and the back of the holster (to keep the holster from riding up).

My questions are:

The easiest way would be to put a horizontal concho in the holster area ... I saw one done like that today. But my thought would be that it would tear up the bluing on the gun ....

The way I am leaning towards is to sew the single or double thickness horizontal 'keeper strap' between the inner loop (i.e., the part that actually touches the leg) and the inner side of the holster .... I don't know wethere a full length 'strap' would flatten the holster where it needs to be full to hold the cylinder ...

What do you think? I realize that there are probably hundreds of years of cumulative experience reading this ... xo shat should I do coach(es)?

Do I need a full holster width 'strap to act as a 'hold down' or woudl a centered 1 1/2 "inch strip do it?

Here is a pic of the holsters

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com