BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Terico

Marshal Will Wingam

I may have to do the extended warranty eventually. For now, I'll just go with the standard one.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

It will be 17 degrees tonight here in Wisconsin. Our local ski area opens for the season tomorrow at noon. Tonight I will wear my ski boots to bed. My bride will sleep on the couch.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Kid Terico

Johnny my friend, you better change your name to Josh short for Joshin

Dr. Bob

Here in KC it is supposed to be a low of 26.  That is plenty cold for me!!  Johnny, have a great day on the slopes!!  I have to work.  Then, go swing dancing in the evening!  Poor me!  BTW, work is inside!!  ;D  ::)  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Man, you pards are living with some very chilly temps. We have rain scheduled for tomorrow, but the temperature will be somewhat warmer. Not warm, mind you, but warmer than that. You guys are made of some hearty stuff.

Dr. Bob

I have grand kids & kids here!  Won't be moving, no matter how much I HATE cold weather!! [Cold weather is any time it's under 70 degrees!]  :o  :D  ;)  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

WaddWatsonEllis

I am constantly reminded of the good choices I made to select Sacramento Weather wise ....

Our high was 59, the low will be 49.

But the really wonderful part is just how special Sacramento is  ....

I used to fly (well, ride in the back of HH3s abd HH-53s out of MCClellan AFB here in town ... and as a courtesy to pilots trying to get flying, they always put the feet-above-sea-level of the airport ...

McClellan's altitude above sea level is 17 feet. But less than a hundred miles east of her is the crestline of the Sierras (about 7200 ' AGL [above ground level].

So it is entirely possible drive up to the Summit in the windbreaker you have been wearing in Sacramento, ski from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM, and be back in bed at home in the relative comfort of your own home in time to make that zero-dark-thirty appointment the next day ....

Oh yeah, and have the warmth melt all the snow & junk on your car and put it through the car wash before going to sleep ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Johnny McCrae

Hey KT..... I wasn't joshin!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Kid Terico

Johnny M good thing you dont scuba dive. It would be uncomfortable with those tanks on your back in bed. KT :D ;D ;D ;)

Johnny McCrae

Dr. Bob

But you are missing out on Alligator boots!!  ::)  :o :D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Dr. Bob on November 26, 2010, 11:57:50 PM[Cold weather is any time it's under 70 degrees!]  :o  :D  ;)  ;D
So THAT'S what they mean when they say life begins at 70. ;D

Dr. Bob

Yeppers!!  Exactly!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Boothill Bob

Howdy pards..
I´m back with a new Wild Bunch holster. I have to remake the pattern, its to wide and I
dont like the model, next one will be better :)
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looks good to me Bob, but I guess you have something else envisioned, either way you have a winner here.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Bob I dont see anything wrong with it. Looks like a keeper to me. Nice job . KT

Boothill Bob

Tanx  :)
Now I´m makin a HOG WB holster. Maby u got a prelook tomorrow  ;)

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Marshal Will Wingam

This one looks good, Bob. Looking forward to the HOG one. It'll be a winner, too.

Boothill Bob

Here is a prelook on my HOG Wild Bunch. I Think I will line it with suede and dye it with walnut.
This one is for my self. I´ll remaked my pattern so this is not as wide as the other. :)

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com