BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

Reverend Thank you   and WWE dont cut yourself short. You do great leather work. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Dave Cole on November 04, 2010, 08:21:05 PM
Ok, where do we get Trend -micro?Dave :)

Dave, you'll find it at the Best Buy stores, Trend Micro is what they approve, and recommend to all there customers, I've been using it now for about six years now, and haven't had one virus, or problem, I run a full scan once each week, and that keeps my PC running great all the time,there has been attacks, but Trend Micro has so far been able to stop them in there tracks. I use there "Internet Security PRO 3.0 if you get it try to get the latest version, which will be 2011.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

Well, the leatherwork is growing ... but hardly grown ... more like in its infancy ... I just had a leatherwork lesson here at my house and I am so frustrated at the poor quility I am putting out ... I have already decided that I am going to remake these holsters when I am a LOT  more skilled  ... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WWE,

Please don't get frustrated. Just take your time, practice and make Holsters. You will be amazed on how your skills improve with each piece you make.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

WWE, what Johnny says is true. It takes some patience, and in my case Bourbon.
Either way, you do get better each time.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wad, the boys are telling you straight, every piece you do will be better than the one before, just relax and enjoy the process.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi,

Intellectually I know that ... but I wanted my first holsters to at least look on a par with commercial holsters ...

And they don't (suprise, surprise!)

So I am trying to foucus on the positives .... like:

1.) I ordered a wholse side of leather, so I can make them over if necessary (and it will probably become necessary)

2.) Kind of uncounsciously knowing this, I made a plywood tenplate of the holsters ...

So it looks like I will be able to try these out and improve on the design and implementation for next time ...

And knowing that these two holsters will be imperfect holsters certainly takes the strain off of me ....sigh ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Forty Rod

Wadd, JFWIW, Navajo rug weavers always make a deliberate error in their work, so the gods will know that they aren't trying to challenge perfection.  You DON'T want to insult a god and get him upset with you!

I've used that as an excuse for everything I've ever done.

You're welcome.  ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

Funny how things stay the same the more they change places ...

I read somewhere that successful Roman Generals would enter Rome in their triumph parade, carrying their most trusted servant/slave in the chariot with him ...all the while the slave/servant would be whispering the most vile and terrible accusations at the general, less the God's become jealous of the general ....

But yeah, that's what I was doin' ... sure ... didn't need the hastel of antagoizing a God ... LOL

NCOWS #3403

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Pards!!! we need to get back on topic now

Thanks for your cooperation

tEN wOLVES

WaddWatsonEllis

My appologies,

Since I am still completing my project, I will humbly give this thread back to people who have finished theirs ....

NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

That rig looks good, KT. Nice job. Good to see you out of retirement.  ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

KidTerico

JD Alan

My wife recently took some pictures of my Winchester '97 for a photography contest featuring a "Classic Item" of their choice. I thought you guys might enjoy seeing it. I think she did a great job.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

Dang JD get her over here,i got some stuff she can picture up..Nice job :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

Tell your lovely esposa that she is REALLY good with a camera!

The sepia tone give the photo a lovely antique look , while she managed to catch all the patina of the gun withoughout making it looks shoddy or junky ...

Nice work!

NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

I posted this elsewhere, but I thought I should put it here as well ...

It came to me that there should be some kind of table on the internet that shows what leather thickness for thing linke blts, holsters, sheaths et al...

Anyone have a suggestion?

NCOWS #3403

KidTerico

JD your wife did a OUTSTANDING job with the picture. KT

JD Alan

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'll pass them on to my wife. She has a web address for her photography. www.cdorothy.smugmug.com

She took this of yours truly for a business card. Not bad considering what she had to work with

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

Nice work again ... i use sepia tone alot on my camera, but it tends to washout any color in the shot, and washout any detail too ... it was nice to see that she was able to 'antique' the shot but keep the details of your shirt ....

As an example, here are both the Wadd Watson Elis' ... one in sepia tone and one in normal color:

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com