BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

WWE I have never bought a pattern in my life. I say if you have one change it all you want. It makes it more you and personal. KT ;)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

WaddWatsonEllis

KT,

The words from the movie 'Wayne's World' come to mind.

As in, 'I'm not worthy!' LOL ...

Perhaps when I get some time in this leather making, I can say that I only bought one pattern ... and I have to admit that, if there was a pattern that perfectly suited my needs, I would follow it to the 'T' ...

also, for my first holsters, I wanted ones with as little carving as possible .... and the slotted conchos on this tyle and lots of spot 'bling' appealed to my vanity and sense of utility .... I remember thinking, 'Hey, I could make these things!'

So here goes ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

KidTerico

Go for it. Waiting to see the finished rig. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Django

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

buckskin billy

very good looking work yall.
i'm out of leather and waiting on some other supplies to work with to finish a few on going project, so i thought i would share a few things i've done with my brain tan.

a ball pouch. brain tan and red wool

strike alite bag made from deer dew claws and brain tan

a hair on deer skin vest. looks cool but was a really bad idea

and my buffalo robe that is still a working progress

thanks for looking
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

GunClick Rick

Hey Billy,did you get that buff already salted,from braintan.com? Just wonderin what ya have to do to get it nice and soft or if it is worth the hassle.I noticed they are not too pricey,but the shipping is..I'd like to have one about calf size..
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

AC, thanks for that "extra" picture. Now I see what you did, and it sure looks stable, plus it matches the rest of the rig that way. Verey Nice!

Billy, good looking work there. If I didn't know better, I'd say that picture of you and your pard came from 150 years ago! You've not only got the work, but the look! 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

buckskin billy

howdy rick,
  i got a friend in oklahoma who has a friend that runs a buffalo ranch. i believe the guys name is lyod aurther, but don't hold me to that though. any hows my friend in oklahoma  comes down at least once a year to go trapping with us and he gets those hides and we pay him for them.
that was a fresh kill. it had only been slaughtered for about 2 days when i got my grubby paws on it. that particular hide in the picture is young one. it was a 600 pound calf. at least that was what i was told. it looks huge in the picture, but it is big enough to lay out flat and fold over the top of you.
i got another one in the freezer that is bigger than the one pictured that i will start on in about a month. i have never gotten one from braintan.com but my friend has and said they are good hides, but they are hard to get because of shipping cost  and braintan.com don't always have them in stock. just so you'll know if you ever get one try and buy a hide between december and febuary. that is when the wool(hair) is the thickest.

thanks for the compliment on our appearance jd. we work out daily and eat a balanced diet of meat and more meat to achieve that look ;D
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Forty Rod

Dang, I go away for a couple of weeks and come back to all sorts of nifty and pretty.

One thing, though: Skeeter, could you change your avatar?  I keep getting the urge to toss bits of food under the table.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, Cliff. Good job of carrying Meyers' look into it. Love that rich, brown color. The black one is just as nice.

AC, that CAS rig came out good. The other two are just as attractive. Good work.

WW, looking forward to seeing your JR rig with the drop. That knife sheath is definitely going to look good with it.

Billy, those braintan items look really interesting. You have the look right. It'll be nice to see the buffalo robe.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dave Cole

Thanks for the kind words fellars.Well I got a new machine to play with. A friend and fellow knifemaker moved down close to me
and had this sewing machine and he asked if I could put it in my shop since I will probably be doing his sheaths for him.It is a big one and my wife and I had to do some serious rearranging, but it's in. Just need to score a manual  to figure out the threading and adjustments, because it runs fine.Dave ;D

Here are some pics of the newly rearranged shop and stitcher

Dave Cole

A few more pics.Dave  ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool pics, Dave. Thanks. That machine fits nicely in there. You should get some good use out of that one.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

howdy pards been off hunting for the last two months hunting elk and after 25 years of chasing them round the country side i finally got one in the freezer so i thought id show off the pic
enjoy and ill be eating well this winter

Forty Rod

I love elk tongue cooked, chilled in the fridge, and eaten cold with generic yellow mustard, a bit of salt, and fresh white bread.

Looks like this one was worth the wait.  He's a dandy.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Forty Rod on October 27, 2010, 05:17:18 PM
I love elk tongue cooked, chilled in the fridge, and eaten cold with generic yellow mustard, a bit of salt, and fresh white bread.

Looks like this one was worth the wait.  He's a dandy.

316, you did good pard, that's a big one for sure, should be enough to feed you all winter long, two months, that must have been a great time.

I love tongue, Forty, now you have my taste buds craving tongue now, but change mine to mustard and fresh dill rye bread, with just a little bit of butter on the bread, and not too much mustard, I wouldn't want to take the taste of the tongue away, YUM YUM BY GOLLY  ::) :o ;D :D ;D ;D :P
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dr. Bob

C316,

Too bad you didn't get a big one!  Congrats!  That fellow is HUGE!!!  Worth the wait?? Bet so!!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Dalton Masterson

Wondered where you have been Tim! Good shootin with that Remington!
I have a month to go (Dec.), and I will be in Kansas doing my annual "go back home and shoot at a deer" hunt. Love getting back out there and enjoying the week.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dr. Bob

Great looking work Cliff, AC & B Billy.  For some reason I stop getting notified every few weeks and miss 2 or 3 pages. 
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com