BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cliff,

Beautiful work on those Rigs! Very professional looking coupled with excellent workmanship! Many thanks for sharing.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

I finished my CAS Rig, but first I must say there is some mighty fine work being shown here.

Here are some pics.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

More Pics.....

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

GunClick Rick

Ride em cowboy ! Classy AC :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Boothill Bob

AC, thats a very fine rig, great work.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

Howdy AC,

Beautiful job on your CAS Rig! Everything about it is first class! Excellent workmanship and awesome border stamping! Many thanks for showing this fine piece to us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Cliff Fendley

Beautiful work AC. I really like the holster with the wide skirt, kinda has the look of an early Mexican loop of the Arizona territory.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

AC, you put some thought into this, and it paid dividends, it's classy to say the least, your stamping is right on, and your bullet loops with the stamping really adds more class to this rig, good color great execution pard beautiful all around  ::) :o 8) ;D

Thanks for the look see ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks for your coments Boothill, Johnny, Cliff and TW.  Means alot.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

JD Alan

Good lookin rig AC. Tell me about the spot behind the knife sheath.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

KidTerico

AC now thats what I call some fine leather work. Thanks for showing. KT :) ;)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Arizona Cattleman

JD, Thanks.  A pic might explain better, but it is a skirt to match the holster.

AC ;D
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Terry, your holster was my inspiration.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

WaddWatsonEllis

AC,

What fantastic work!

I am starting my own holsters, and I can only hope mine look as good ... from fifty feet  ... *G*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Wadd, I am sure they will look great.  Can't wait to see the pics.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

WaddWatsonEllis

AC,

I dunno ....

I have bought Will Ghormley's pattern for the Johnny Ringo Rig , but  I am doing a couple of major changes ... so time will tell ... so far,

1) I am making it a conservative drop loop double strong side holster rig for SASS ... and dropping the loop three inches still has the tip of the grip at the height of the holster and belt top ... but it will make those 7 1/2" Schofield barrels managable to draw ...

2.) I am not putting on the stock garrison clipped corner buckle, but installing the cast clipped corner white bronze buckle that Will Ghormley sells ....

3. Dave Cole made me a small Gentlemans knife with a sheath that mimics the holsters of the Johnny Ringo 'Cheyenne' double loop ... even down to the spots on the loops (pic attached).

4. The look of the outside of the holsters is kind of what I call the 'Glen Ford' cut, with the shoulders and hammer of the gun exposed. On mine, I am raising the loop so that the top of the gun is protected, but keeping the reverse (downward curve) so that it exposes the trigger ... more of an 1880s look ...

So we shall see how they end up

P.S. The pic of the finshed holsters is from Will Ghormley's website, primarily to show how close Dave Cole's sheath mimics the original design .....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Arizona Cattleman

Wadd, sounds like an interesting project.  I like to customise, then it becomes your own design.  Good Luck, can't wait to see the finished project.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

WaddWatsonEllis

AC,

Kinda the way I feel about it too ... still messing with one of Will Ghormleys patterns is intimidating .... kinda like tryin to improve on Michaelangelo's David ... *S*

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com