BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

Rick,

Thanks for the kindness!

I sent an email off to Dave Cole saying that he had raised the level of quality that I would have to put into these holsters ... Before this I figured that I could just say, 'Hey, its's my first holster .... cut me some slack ....' But now I have to measure up to this beautiful knife and sheath ... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

JD Alan

Nicely done Johnny, I'd say it looks just like Will's which looks just like, well, you get the picture. Great color too.

Skip, you've got yourself a nice looking sheath there. Dave does a heck of a job.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

If I am 'challenged' relationship wise, I have certainly been blessed in getting what is beyond need and fun concerning SASS.

Like the old adage says, when the Big Guy closes one door, He opens another .... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Antipaladin

1850's Percussion belt...Shell cordovan over English bridle, hand sewn with kevlar thread. Took longer than I want to think about sewing this bad boy. LOL

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Antipaladin  :D ;D

Welcome to our forum, we're happy to have you join in with us, you're belt looks nice, and your sewing looks good too, I know it takes time, but the rewards are worth it, you can be proud of this belt, we'll look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Good to see you again, Antipaladin. Very nice job of stitching. That's a first class belt. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dave Cole

Yep, very nice belt and welcome. Thanks for all the nice comments gang.Dave  :)

Cliff Fendley

Very nice little knife! Great job on it Dave.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Cliff Fendley

Recently finished Jock Strap. I call this pattern of mine the law dog and it's patterned from the work of S.D Myers around the turn of the century.

Stained with home made walnut dye.

Johnson County Rangers

Johnny Dingus

Beautiful Rig Cliff.

All of your work is top notch.  The coloring is just right and your use of spots is just right.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

KidTerico

Cliff nice leather work. Great color. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Cliff  :D

Will I'd say you did a dandy job here, this rig is beautiful, it has nice clean lines good color, there is nothing not to like about it, thanks for sharing with us, your work is a good incentive for all. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Skeeter Lewis

Cliff, you produce very classy, professional work.
Good to see a jock strap holster. They don't appear too often on this forum.
Skeet

Dave Cole

That looks great Cliff, perfect coloring.The first time I saw that style of holster was one Sandy did back in the day and I agree not too many shown here.Dave  ;D

JD Alan

Excellent job Cliff, thanks for sharing your work. It's inspiring, and makes me want to do a better job with my stuff.

Cliff Fendley

Thanks everyone. I have a lot of requests for that holster.

The first of those rigs I made a couple or three years ago for a Ruger Sherriff's model. Dave has probably seen this one on some of the other forums and it's also on my website.

Johnson County Rangers

Arizona Cattleman

Cliff, top notch work.  You are a master.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Another beauty Cliff, nothing nicer than polished Stainless Steel or Nickle with Black leather, outstanding,  ::) :o 8)

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Man Cliff for a guy from Kentucky, you sure know how to get some leather together!

I'm only half Kentuckian, so I need help! You'd think with the other half being Minnesotan I'd have more talent like Kid Terico or Ned Buckshot. It must be the Oregonian web feet that's holding me back.

Keep posting those pictures Cliff   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com