BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

Thank you Johnny. yes I am making holsters this weekend.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I just finished up a sheath for a knife I got from Dave Cole, it's a nice Damascus blade, and the scales are from some wood that Ki Terico had sent him, they're desert iron wood burrow, it's a beautiful knife from stem to stern, I made a little sheath to go with it. it's a simple design, and I wanted to keep it that way, it was dyed in my Dark Roast Coffee that's been in my shop for more than a year now, I prefer the natural dyes over the store bought, because I can get just the color I want, and NOT have ANY RUB OFF, it takes more time to do this, and I can understand why commercial craftsman wouldn't have the time to do this, but for me the rewards out way the time spent. I'm going to show a few pictures.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look see

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KidTerico

TW thats a great sheath, It goes good with the knife. YOU have made a TRUE believer out of me with your dying system. It cant be matched with factory dyes. The rig you made for me cant be out done by any other dyes or workmenship.  You have a knife and sheath to be proud of.. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

santee

Purty, TW. Color came out great.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Arizona Cattleman

Really great sheath TW, I have never tried natural dyes.  I like the color.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Marshal Will Wingam

Tw, the color is great. The design is great. The knife is great. What else can I say, it's great. Nice choice for that knife.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dave Cole

Looks great TW, compliments the knife well, expected because you do such quality work pard.Dave

GunClick Rick

Nice work and nice knife!!! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy TW,
Wow! Outstanding job on your Sheath! Nifty border design! I could not agree more with you on natural dyes. The color on your Sheath is beautiful. Many thanks for sharing your talents and expertise with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

What a great looking set up all the way around. Nice job Dave and 10 Wolves
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks everyone, for the kind words, and thanks to Dave Cole for a beautiful well made knife, and KT, for the great looking scales, as I've said before, using natural dye's has been my MO, I know for a lot of you using natural dyes would be time prohibiting, but for those that have some extra time on there hands, it is worth the time invested in making up this dye.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

Skeeter Lewis

Great work as always, TW. Your posts have got me making some home made dyes

Gun Butcher

AC, great looking belt Pard and Tenwolves I like that sheath it goes perfectly with the great knife Dave made.
Its been a while since I posted anything but I haven't quit completely Just had to take a small vacation for a while. The only leather I have done is a couple of possibles bags for muzzleloaders . Here are the pics just to prove I still can.
Oh, the top one is pecan dye and EVOO plus alittle sun and the bottom one is vinegaroon. Natural dyes are the way to go, thanks TW.
GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

KidTerico

TW I always thought it was hard to make your dyes. I found out its really not that hard to do. I just have my good friend , YOU make the rigs for me. KT ;D ;D ;D ???
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

Very nice work on the Possibles Bags. You have not lost your touch. Thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Har Har KT, ;D ;D

Gun Butcher, those bags are awesome pard, the pecan and vinegaroon came out really nice, you did a good job pard, I loves when you can make new leather look old and used, with a patina and all, I'm glad you like using the natural dyes, you'll find the more you use them the more you will be sold on them, and aside from the coffee dye, it doesn't cost a thing but your time to make it, I still have my first batch of walnut dye, from three years ago, I just add to it each year by cooking up some more GREEN black walnuts, my container of coffee dye is also over a year old, and I haven't added to it yet, and one of the best parts is , there isn't any rub off, and the colors are always beautiful.

Thanks for the flowers too, GB, much appreciated.

tEN wOLVES ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool possibles bags, GB. Very nice design you have there. They look very good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com