BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice job, well done AC, your talent just better with time, I'm happy top hear your feeling better, that's a long time to be sick.

Thanks for the look see, we'll look forward to seeing the holster too. ::)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks TW, I have been diagnosed with COPD, cronic broncitis(SP).  I was feeling pretty tough.  Better now and back to work.  Thanks for your concern.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

KidTerico

AC great job on the belt. Your getting the stamping down pat. I cant wait to see the finished rig. It will be very nice..Glad your feeling better.. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks KT, hope you don't mind, but I liked the holster I made you so much, I am going to make another for this belt, and also a cross draw and a knife sheath.  May make it my CAS rig.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

JD Alan

Howdy AC, sorry to hear about your recent bout with some cruddy stuff. I like the belt a lot. I notice you only have 4 holes on it. You must be one lean son of a gun!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

Trade ya my house for that hoppy rig ;D I got to see somethin very cool last night by a leather maker i know.. ::) Spun my hat around i tell ya!!!
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Quote from: JD Alan on October 10, 2010, 09:59:00 PM
Howdy AC, sorry to hear about your recent bout with some cruddy stuff. I like the belt a lot. I notice you only have 4 holes on it. You must be one lean son of a gun!

LEAN,MEAN,AND HIS LEATHER IS CLEAN!! :) ;D We have had a small epedimic of whooping cough here.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks JD, ya I am 34" waist and have always been thin.  I can let it out 2 notches and take it up one from the hole that fits me.
You are doing some fine work yourself.  Did you find out who sent you the pattern?  Can Chuck Burrows help?

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

KidTerico

AC go for it. Its a beautiful design . KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good work, AC. Nice looking belt. It'll be nice to see the holster that matches. Thanks for the pics.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. It's no fun to be on the bum.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks GCR, Marshall and KT, your comments mean a lot to me.  Am feeling better, hope you avoided the whooper Rick. ;D

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Santee, they were darker until I streched them around the bullets.  They look worn now ;D

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Cliff Fendley

I like the lighter looking loops. Looks worn, nice job on the belt.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Boothill Bob

Beautiful belt AC, what thickness do u use for the loops??
I´ve maket a couple of belt with woven loops but it not turn out
well, the belt was like a cheese doodle, hard to straiten :(
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Skeeter Lewis

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Skeeter, BB I used a 2 to 3 oz lined with a 2 oz pigskin lining.  Be sure to make it extra long so you don't come up short.   
I did that the first try.  Then start looping around each bullet.  I also riveted one end first.  You will have to pull tighe on each loop.  Hope that helps.  My loops are 3/4" wide.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Johnny McCrae

Howdy AC,

Great work on the Cartridge Belt! Did you mention that you were making Holsters to match this belt. I sure look forward to seeing em'.

I'm very happy to hear that you are feeling better. It's no fun doing leather projects when one is under the weather. Many thanks for sharing your fine work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com