BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Carrico

Not sure how many of you know about this, but here's a link to the new "True Grit" movie

Looks like a good one! That's my Dragoon in the opening and I made most of the gunleather and some of the saddles that are featured in the show.

Dalton Masterson

Looks pretty good to me!
I know a lot of folks arent happy about remaking True Grit, but heck, any western is better than no westerns. If its a good western, then its icing on the cake.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the link, David. That'll be a good one to watch for.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

KidTerico

This is my first pipehawk to add to my collection. It was made by John Cohea and is outstanding and I couldnt ask for more. Thanks John. :D  KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Bring it to California KT,pretty soon we will be able to load it up legally ;D

"We got no ka nick a knick"~
huh?
"Tobacco"
"Well them,we can start a new tradition" :) :) :)  :D

Golly John,that is just drop dead nice!WOW!
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

Congrats David, and thanks for sharing about your involvement.

I realize it's tantamount to sacrilege to say anything bad about a John Wayne movie, but I always thought True Grit was kind of a stinker. It was a toss up between Kim Darby and Glen Campbell for worst acting honors. I think a remake is a great idea.   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

You kmow JD if it wasn't for actors like struther martin and chin lee,it would have stunk more..And the cat wasn't bad either ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

santee

I keep making different style sheaths to match the knife, and this one seems to go the best. Threw a couple of spots on there in honor of the recent bling trend going on!  8)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

GunClick Rick

Id say rough "er" up some Santee,but that's just me,looks great,nice knife.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

JD with a rig like that,you could get"em" reborn again again ;D :P  Click~ you goin under or do i have ta muss ya up some :-\

huuuuuuup :-X SPLASH!!!!!!!! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Santee, that sheath really does look good with that knife. Nice design for it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

And they didn't have David Caricco either :) That must have been alot of work sir,you must tell us about it when ya have time,i love to hear about stuff like that.There must be an awful lot involved in such things.Heck i'll go see it just to see your leather :) :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

NEED YOUR HELP BOYS,YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO COME NO! VEMBER~~~~~

At least ya know where i stand,i'd kill thy income tax,build everything in Texas and buy back from them,back the dollar with uranium platnum,gold,and silver and back that with LEAD!

I'd back the first amendment with the second and visa versa,you abuse either and you work for nothing but room and board with bars period! And if ya think about runnin,that thing around your neck will explode and ya ain't gonna run no mo!

All politicians will volunteer the first two years includin me!If ya ain't got sand your gone!

and the only racial you will here is the race to unite all races!!  

My slogan?
I'M YOUR MAN,I'LL MAKE A STAND!
FOR WE THE PEOPLE!
AND ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY
CAN GODBLESS AMERICA  

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice Santee, as always pard ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

Looks mighty fine there Santee, mighty fine

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Santee,

Nice work on your Sheath! Very clean and neat. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Quote from: GunClick Rick on October 09, 2010, 08:24:28 PM
Id say rough "er" up some Santee,
Good idea. I'll do that.
Thanks folks, as always, for the comments.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Santee, what I should have mentioned was the really nice color you got on that sheath.

Arizona Cattleman

After being sick for about 3 1/2 weeks now, I finally got some leather done.  Worked on a cartridge belt for a holster project I am going to start this next weekend.  The belt is fully hand stiched and lined with veg tan pig skin.  You can dye it very easily and it is thin.  First time I used it and really liked it.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com