BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

My wife & I got a chance to visit Skip (WaddWatsonEllis) at his home in Sacramento today. He served us a great lunch of homemade crock pot beef stew that was outstanding.

We had a great time getting to know one another, and I was impressed by his gun and leather collection; nice gear all the way around. He showed us his shop with lots of woodworking tools and some cabinetry work that was real good.

I found him to be a gracious host and an all around great pard to ride the river with. Thanks Skip, we enjoyed our time with you. We made it as far as Medford by 8:30 and called it a night. It's about 5 hours to home from here.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Good looking rig, BB. Very nice with the aging. Good job.

JD, your rig is beautiful. The spots are just right. Nece work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

Yuh got me blushin like a Wallace Beery in a B-grade 40s movie ...

Methinks it was the other way round entirely; you made me feel like an affable host, and Chris was kindess it totality.

I  very rarely get guests ... at least ones that don't run out scraming and pulling their hair .... I am sure that I will realize some terrible gaff that you were so kind as to ignore

The one thing that I really regret is that we did not get a neighbor over to get a pic of the three of us to record that it happened .... I guess that is gaff # 1 ... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Cliff Fendley

Lot's of excellent work going on, keep it up fellas.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

KidTerico

I finnaly had time to take TW's rig down in my display room to really look it over. This is the one he did the honor of making for me. I am very fussy as I am sure you all could have guessed. The workmen ship is as good as I have seen.Every thing from the color of his dyeing to the stitching to the instsllation of the rivets. This rig has absolutle no flaws on it. He is a TRUE craftman. I can see why when he makes one it is hard to let go. I have that problem also. If any one wants a real work of art  ask Rod if he would oblige you. You will not be sorry. Thanks again.I REALLY like mine and thats saying a lot considering how many I have, KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

JD Alan

Now I'm REALLY Bumed that Rod shipped it before I got donw there to take a loook at it. Of course I didn't ask him not to ship it; heck I didn't even know he was making a rig for you KT.

Considering who his mentor is (WC) and considering the leather you produce, I'm not surprised at the workmanship or your observation. Quality is as quality does.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

QuoteLot's of excellent work going on, keep it up fellas.
My sentiments exactly!

Recently I've been helping a new business get started so I've gotten behind on all of the great work being posted here. Many thanks to everyone for sharing their projects with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Whare'd everbody go?? Oh there i am.. ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: GunClick Rick on October 02, 2010, 11:15:48 AM
Whare'd everbody go?? Oh there i am.. ;D

Don't Rick, you're the first pard to post in over 24 hours, it's like the twilight zone... :o ???

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

Okay, if there is a dearth of postins, I'll put my two cents in ...

Getting ready for my trip to Texas ... washing my soft footlocker that I have not opened since Desert Storm ... trying to get alot of the sawdust off of it.

Although I am staying at my cousin's B&B in Mason until very early Saturday AM, I intend to shoot with the Texican Rangers on Saturday can't wait to shoot with them and try their BBQ ...

Then going down to San Antonio and the plan is to visit the grave of the original Wadd Watson Ellis (my great grandfather) just a little northwest of Dilly ... perhaps visit some friends ...

Here are some websites concerning the trip ....

www.llanoriver.com

http://www.texicanrangers.com/

http://www.historicdistrict.com/Genealogy/Frio/coveys.asp

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Sounds like a great trip Wad, have yourself a good and safe time pard.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

I am really looking forward to this!

It is turning out to be a kind of family reunion too ... several of my immediate cousins are coming up to see this prodigal ... and at 6' and 225 #s, I am the smallest by far of all my male cousins (and the only one who was not an All Texas Lineman) .... and the females got all the gorgeous genes ... as well as looking gorgeous in jeans ... LOL.

I think that I can talk some of them into going out in Mason the night they come up ... there is a place run by the Santos family that is supposed to be Tex-Mex at its finest ... where everybody sits outside underneath a palapa.... so if we go I will try to bring back pics ... (that is if I remember to bring my camera and charger).

The chamber of Commerce for Mason has a walking tour of the town online ... you can bet your bippy I will be stopping at Polk's Boots to talk about some boots and there is this western apparel store ... always a weakness of mine .... LOL

http://www.masontxcoc.com/walktour.html

NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

WW, your trip sounds like it'll be a good one. Enjoy it.

I shot my Model 87 stoked up the other day on 5 knock down targets. It really performed. If I could just master the 'drop two' function. Maybe the answer is to fix it so it won't do anything BUT drop two. But then I couldn't stoke it. Ah, heck..... the only answer really is - ANOTHER ONE!  ;D :D ;D

A car mewing kept us awake the other night. We fixed that. We caught him and started feeding him. Yep, we sure showed him. He can't keep us awake if we keep him fed and sleepy in the house at night. Now we need to name him.

When I was young, the plan was to be a farmer until my girlfriend wrote me a John Deere letter.

:o

GunClick Rick

If they have Cocteil de Comerone at Santos,i'm goin with ya!! And you can just leave me there. :) :) :P
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

Rick,

I usually don't watch a movie until it comes on Direct TV

Besides, I think i would have to drive to a bigger town like Lukenbach to find a movie theater ... *S*

NCOWS #3403

Branding Iron Bill

WW
If you have time, be sure and drop by and visit these nice folks at:  http://www.texasjacks.com/ in Fredericksburg.  Nice duds, guns, books, you name it, they have it.  Might hurt your wallet a little though.  They do give SASS discounts.  Lots of nice shops, restaurants, bakeries, and old German heritage there too.
Patrick  D.
AKA Branding Iron Bill SASS 2019
6th generation son of the Texas Republic since 1824
USFA CSS
SCORRS
RATS
A proud Henry owner.
STORM (Love my R-M 44's)

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the preview, Rick. I will have to see that!

WaddWatsonEllis

BI Bill,

I have gone through their online Catalog, but have been only able to buy from them when they ere doing a closeout sale ...
Still it would be fun to go by and gawk ... don't think it will fit into the schedule, but I will keep it listed ...

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com