BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EE Taft

Thought I might throw another pic of this one on here. Ol' CC told me to get some white grips on my pistolas to set off the black rig. I think it does the trick.

My wife is a photographer and loves the chance to take pics for me. She said she wanted pics of me sportin' my new grips.

~EE Taft~
Hell fire, I done mosey'd inta tha red light district!
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

EE Taft

Dang, Dave!!!!

That's a nice knife and sheath.

I got lots of knives and I need to do some sheaths.

So many things to do.........so little time! ::)

~EE Taft~
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

GunClick Rick

GOLLY!!!!!!Would you look at that sheath!!! Walnut wood!!! Outstanding,Mr.Cole you are one bad dude!!
Now KT i know ya didn't halv to talk him into it for long~~

Who is that guy?

I don't know some old goat that keeps jibberin about bein an indian ???

what's he want?

A dang piece of wood with a knot in it !! :(

A KNOT!??? Should we call a doctor?

I got a feelin he has one :-\

;D ;D ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Bad to the bone EE :) :) Looks like buissness :o
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

GCR I want whiskey and wampum . KT ;D ;D
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Dr. Bob

Dang!!  No wampum. :( :(  Got nice beads & trade silver!!  ;D  ;)  ;D  Can't give whiskey to no injun!  ::)  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Boothill Bob

EET, thats a nice rig :)
DC, Love that sheath, really nice :P

Here is a rig I´ve made, have shown the holster before. Its a little aged, but I didden know
how to age the brass buckle. Was going to drag it after the car on a dirt road but... No ;D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ned Buckshot

Bob here is a method I've used before to "age" brass.

First remove any coating the buckle probably has to expose the raw brass and then apply Birchwood Casey brass black. It may take several coats to get even coverage.

It will appear quite black at that point. You can either just wear it and let the brass black come off naturally or use fine steel wool to buff the areas you want some shine to come through.

This will work till the brass has time to darken naturally.

Hope this helps.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Boothill Bob

Quote from: Ned Buckshot on September 28, 2010, 07:24:31 AM
Bob here is a method I've used before to "age" brass.

First remove any coating the buckle probably has to expose the raw brass and then apply Birchwood Casey brass black. It may take several coats to get even coverage.

It will appear quite black at that point. You can either just wear it and let the brass black come off naturally or use fine steel wool to buff the areas you want some shine to come through.

This will work till the brass has time to darken naturally.

Hope this helps.

Ned

Tanr, I will try thet next time..
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

JD Alan

I'll talk to Donna about that possibility, but it sounds like a great idea to me.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

JD Alan

EET, I agree that the white grips set off the black great. This was my second attempt at spots, and seeing your rig I have a long ways to go. That is really sharp!

EE Taft

Doggone JD, are you kiddin'? That looks great!!!!! :o

Beautiful rig, Pard!!

~EE Taft~
SASS#87087

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That JD, is a kidder from way back, one couldn't ask for better placement of there spots than that, Har Har JD, you kidder you, you did a great job, and that rig is over the top pard.

EETaft, your rig really is set off with the white grips, ivory, bone and stag really make a gun stand out and do the same for the rig they're in, nice rig by the way.

Bob, your Slim Jim and belt are beautiful, like Ned pointed out on your buckle, one other thing that works great is to steel wool the finish off using ACETONE or good cleaning solvent,  and then clean all residue off the buckle, then rub the buckle down with BLACK POWDER, time permitted you can do this ahead of time and after rubbing it down with BP, just dust it down with black powder and leave it in a coffee can, just make sure you keep it away from fire or a heat source, and leave it there for several days, you'll get an aged brass buckle in no time at all, and that shiny new look will be history. here's a link you might like to look at.
http://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/14910421/m/1531046292

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

JD your getting it pretty darn pat. Keep it up.. EE Taff , thats a rig to be proud of.Grips really show it off.KT :)

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

The match results came out. I was not 3rd in category for the Wild Bunch, that was for the main match. OK, that makes me smile a little. There were no results for the Wild Bunch posted. I have no idea where I fall, there. I did knock three targets off their frames for the weekend so that must be a record. They don't give trophies for trashing targets, though. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

KidTerico

Congradulations Marshal, Thats some good shooting. Glad the final info was better than you thought.  KT :D

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

Hey Marshall, none of those "Wimp Loads" for you! Good shootin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com