BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

Some great looking rigs your all showing . Keep it up. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice work all around pards, looks like lone rider might give KT a run for his money on the bling Har Har,  ;D

Buckskin Billy nice looking gun leather, and the sheath is a beauty ::) :o 8)

Bob, you did it again on this Hog rig, nice work pard. ::)

Thanks to all, for sharing

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

In this corner wearing the blue with leather hammer,LOOOOOOOOOONE RIIIIIIIIDEEEER~~~~~~
and in this corner in injun attire and standing with a bag of bling,KAAAAAAAAAAY TEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~

At the sound of the bell boys COME OUT POUNDIN!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DING DING DING ;D ;D This could get good~ :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

TW you forced me into retirement.  ;) Thanks Rick your a big help when you know my pounders broke .KT >:(
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good looking sheath and knife, Cliff. That's a perfect match for the rig. It's a nice addition. Thumbs up.

Nice holsters, Billy. They look really cool. The finish in the last photo is very nice. Lookin' good.

Beautiful rig, BB. That dark finish really sets it off. Nice work.

BLING, LR!. Someone is going to be very, very thrilled to take that home. That's fine work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

I'm online at a Starbucks down the street from WC's store. I could not get online at my hotel last night.

Once again I'm benefitting from WC's wealth of knowledge and experience. He and Sandy were very gracious to me pretty much all day Friday, and I'm hoping to not wear out my welcome today! 10 Wolves came by, and like last year it was great to see him.

I thought I had finally learned a little about sewing, but after some time with WC on that subject I saw I didn't know JACK! I have a whole new appreciation for his sewing, which is as close to perfect as possible I believe. He showed me some ways to work I had not seen before, and now I believe with time and practice I will do a much better job in this area.

He sharpened and polished every blade I brought, from two round knives to awl blades. I learned some new techniques for sharpening and polishing. I'm not sure that I'll do a better job than before, but at least I now know the proper way to do it.

I got a close up look at the notebook he carved and colored, and pictures will not do that work justice! He's taught me some things to look for in stamping tools, things I had never thought about before.

Even if I had to go home without spending a second day in his shop the time investment to get here would be worth it, so the second day is gravy! I hope to do some carving today, and meet some of WC's students. I just hope they realize how fortunate they are to have a teacher of his caliber available to them. (I'm sure all of them do)

Let me offer a public THANK YOU to WC for his hospitality, and his willingness to freely share his skills and knowledge with this preacher from Oregon.     
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

JD Alan

Good looking work all the way around. Them's long holsters Billy! 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

JD, it was great seeing you too, and you're right, WC is a class act, and always has time to give a pard help when needed, Standing Bears has become my second home, because WC and Sandi make you feel that way. Give Gun Slick Rick a kick in the pants when you see him, from me. Har Har. ;D

Again great to see you again, and hope to see you next year

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Boothill Bob

Guess what I´ve made for a costomer.............. A H.O.G rig  ;D
Those are the most popular rigs for tha moment. This is a littel aged.
I made a crossdraw for him to, but it was a little loose on the belt so
I made a "stopper" so it will stay in place.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

GunClick Rick

AHH there's my iron Butt cover... :)

Give me a call JD,ya still got my number?
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Whew! I just checked,all the rivers are dry here,i'm good ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice work Bob, your customer should be a happy pard. ::) :o 8)

Holden A. Grudge

Wow those look great Bob.  How did you get that color?  I really like the distressed look to them without looking over aged or aged in weird areas.

LoneRider

OK, I give up....what's a HOG rig ???
Happy Trails

Holden A. Grudge

Quote from: LoneRider on September 25, 2010, 11:40:33 PM
OK, I give up....what's a HOG rig ???

"Hand of God" rig.  From the remake of 3:10 to Yuma.  Russell Crow nicknamed his pistol the hand of god.

JD Alan

Well, another great day at WC's shop. I got a chance to meet several of WC's students, including Anne, who posts regularly here. She does some outstanding work, both inconstruction and carving.

I really appreciated my time there, and all of WC's great instruction on carving. After some discission he chose a pattern from Al's holster book, and we each set out to carve it. I've got the one he carved as an example of what to do, and mine for an example of what not to do!

I was able to purschase some Barry King tools, plus a few other items. It was great to be able to look over all of his carved and stamped work with a year's experience under my belt, I was able to understand a lot more this time than last.

Due to some scheduling conflicts I won't be able to visit Rick, but I did give him a call'

I still hope to be able to visit Skip on my way home

I sure hope you guys & gals on the forum will support his business! WC and Sandi will treat you right.

Now for a little sleep

i   

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

The minister had some issues of his own ... for one he had lost a leg in WWII ... and I can only imagine what horrors he saw and participated in ... so I have forgiven and let it go long ago... but it does make a catchy anecdote ... 'The Preacher Who Tried To Drown Me' ... sounds like a title for a '50s B-Grade film noir murder flick ...

But JD, I am really looking forward to meeting the two of you ... gonna get my (mostly dead ) yardwork done tomorrow afternoon, and then start on the inside ... just let me know for sure which day so that I am sure that I will be home ....

P.S. You will know you are in the right driveway when you see my little Jetta with the mango kayak on top ... its kinda hard to miss .... LOL
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

P.S.S.

I have made it standard practice to buy all my supplies and tools through Sandi at Standing Bear's Trading Post ... what nice people! ... and when they say they are doing it, it is as good as done ...

http://sbearstradingpost.com/
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Boothill Bob

Holden, I used Fiebing's Professional Oil Dye light brown, then I rubbed it a little
with steelwool to matt it down, rubbed it some more on the places were it should
be destressed. Sorry for my bad english :-[

//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Bob,

Beautiful work on the H.O.G. Rig. You will have a very happy customer. It's always a pleasure to view your work.

Don't worry.... your English aint any worser than mine. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com