BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Fendley

Rick, or anyone wanting to make it go here on my website for a little tutorial, it's not really that hard. At the bottom of the shop tour page click on the tutorial.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/shoptour.htm

It's laminated material same as Micarta but this is home made. Several guys in the custom knives make it. Mike Carter and I make it for our own knives with either the denim or we have laminated up to 100 layers of different colors and twisted it for a damascus pattern.

Here was a custom order that a fellow asked me to do a handle in black and hunter green for him. Kind of a camo look.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

That was a great tutorial, Cliff. The results are certainly spectacular. Thanks for the link.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cliff,
Thank you for sharing this process with us. You have an impressive website!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Johnny McCrae

Howdy KT & Boothill,

That is some beautiful work you Gents have posted. Thank you.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Django

Nice work cliff and Bob!!!!!
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

Arizona Cattleman

Another outstanding job Boothill.  KT, the machine is producing quality holsters rigs again.  Your amazing.

AC ;D ;D ;D
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

JD Alan

Great job KT & BhB, as always you both do quality work.

Sarge, that's a cool set up.

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy SGT John Chapman

Your right about leather work as being a run away craft, I think that's one of the things I like about it, you never know in what direction it might take you, but it always stays interesting and will never bore you, keep up the great work pard.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Wonder if you could do one with the little red pocket(lEvi) tag incorperated in the handle,and then use the leather Levi patch on the sheath ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Cliff Fendley

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

I could'nt live like that! :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

We had a full day in Aromas today. It only happens one day a year: Aromas Day. Sounds lerious, eh? It's the only time this town wakes up. Here's a photo of the main (almost only) street. We had people visiting more or less all day. We walked the town several times. I'm ready to relax this evening.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will

That looks like a fun day, ;D the weather has been awesome the last few days, it makes being outside a pleasure. 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Will hope you had a good time. I always like them when they are in a small town. In my area there are so many small towns there is one going on every Sunday. Just a kid at heart, Rest up. KT :)

Kid Terico

Heres another nice work of art to come out of John Coheas shop. My knife and the sheath he made for it . Thanks J. C  KT

GunClick Rick

I have about 10-12 vhs movies,only watched once if at all,John Waynes,Commancheroes,Katie Elder, and such,Liberty with James Stewart,Wonderful Life,Red Skelton set.If anyone wants them let me know,i will ship media mail or if not too much regular mail.Maybe you have a way to DVD them..

Ten Wolves delete this if ya need to..All are like new.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

KT, John is really doing fine work for you. Congrats.

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards. It was a great time and the weather was perfect.

Rick, your post doesn't need to be deleted. It fits nicely here in the Bunkhouse thread.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy KT,
Wow! Another museum quality work of art! Many thanks for sharing

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wow , that is some knife, John really knows how to make a new knife look a hundred fifty years old, you're getting a great collection of museum quality pieces KT, thanks for sharing. :D

tEN wOLVES :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com