Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks TW, all in all it took about 2 months.  Phew.......  ;D

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Dave Cole

AC great rig, I love doing lacing and that is a big job and you did a fine job with it.

Short BBL, nice work,interesting pattern on your tooling.Dave

Kid Terico

AC thats a true work of art. Hoppy  would be proud to wear it. I know I would. KT  ;)

Kid Terico

ShortBBL, nice looking sheath. Different stamping pattern. KT

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Arizona Cattleman on August 22, 2010, 07:48:09 PM
;D Finally have the "Hoppy" inspired rig done.  Its been a pleasant journey and learning experience.  The Belt is lined as well as the holsters.  All stiching is hand done.  It has deer hide bullet loops that have been lined.   The lining is 3/4 oz vegtan not stained.  I did the lacing with white Kangaroo lace, which I highly recommend, it doesnt break and can be skived and joined together with glue.  It's cost is just a bit more than other good lace.  Its worth it for ease of lacing versus the frustation of lace that keeps breaking.  Here are some pics......

AC
WOOOOO HOOOO HOT DANGED -O-MIGHTY!!!!!!! BAD TO THE BONE A.C. BAD TO THE BONE!!! BUDDY YOU GOTTA BE PROUD OF THAT ONE! :) :) :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks KT, still not a Terico, but then your one of a kind.

Thanks Rick, I am proud of it .  It was a labor of love.  I grew up watching Hoppy.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Dave, I tried the toothpaste and it worked great.  Thanks again.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Cliff Fendley

Wow AC, a lot of time went into that one :o Great job!

ShortBBL, great job on that sheath. I like the stamping.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

JD Alan

Boy, you take off a few days and look what you miss!

Wiley, nice sheath. Short BBL welcome, and good job on that sheath, very interesting design.

AC, you sly dog! What a great job on that rig! Are you gonna use it, and risk getting it a little messy, or are you going to hang it as art?

Everything looks great on it, but I especially like the lines of the holsters.

Listen friend, nobody has anything on you after that rig!   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Boothill Bob

Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Marshal Will Wingam

ShortBBL, that sheath is right fine. The stitching is top notch. How cool to have your first project completed. It looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next. Welcome to the forum.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Yesterday was our local CAS match. Not having shot one in over a year, I went not expecting to do good, bad or otherwise. I didn't think about what to do but just let muscle memory take over. I came in 4th out of 46 shooters. It was a fun match. Next month is our yearly 3-day match. I'll get to try out my WB gear then.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

AC,

The Hoppy rig is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  You da man!  ;D

Fine looking sheath SB  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That's some GOOOOOOOOOD Shooting Will, congrats for sure, they don't call you Marshal for nothing, Har Har ::) ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Marshall,

Well that is some outstanding shooting especially for one year between matches.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Kid Terico

Heres another fine work of art done by Dave Cole made for me and here is the sheath I made for it.Thanks Dave  ..KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KT, this is a beautiful knife and sheath, the burl in the wood is awesome, and the style knife rocks, the sheath you made compliments the knife well, nice work of the filigree and white background, nice all around pard.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Pards
Cliff, The time was worth it. 
JD, I am showing it at my local Tandy, their going to put it up on a display wall for a while, so I guess art it is.  It is just a bit to big for me .  Fits a 35 to 38.  I must have missed a measurement, although I could move the billets.
Bootill, thanks for you comment.
Dr Bob, when you complete something like this you feel like your the man, until one of your projects slaps you back into reality. Thanks.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Cliff Fendley

KT, Dave did a perfect job as usual on the knife and that sheath is a work of art.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

BU-TEE-Full steel and Wood :-* :-*

Awsome leather~~ :) :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com