BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Cliff

I have to agree with Dalton, and I'm a big user of the home made walnut die, and others too, I have several batches in my shop at all times, it's natural and beautiful at the same time, those holster styles are hard to beat, and the spot placement is just right, I'd say this rig is well done all around, thanks for the look see and sharing with us pard. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice sheath, Wiley. That really looks good with the folder. Cool folder, too. Very nice

That rig is very well done, Cliff. I like the color a lot. The walnut hulls make a great stain, much superior to modern dyes. I'm particularly fond of differing holsters that look good together. That's a very balanced and interesting rig.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Cliff Fendley

Thanks everyone.

The the brown and tans I get with the home made walnut stain is my favorite colors. I haven't been able to mix up any factory stuff and come out with a look any closer to an original old holster that had just been made of Russet leather that age has given it most of it's color.

I have to thank Chuck Burrows for turning me onto the stain from other forums and he even helped me out in some emails getting it to work for me. From then it was trial and error on my own.

I just finished an Meanea style holster and money belt for myself and used the home made walnut husk stain. I did it a good bit darker though. I'll put up a pic of it here in a little while.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Skeeter Lewis

Dalton Masterson

Wiley, I missed your sheath. Very nice! Nice knife too.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Wiley,
Beautiful job on your sheath! That is a great design and it compliments the knife.

Howdy Cliff,
Great looking Rig! I really like the color and finish. Those Walnut dyes are sure nice to work with.

Many thanks to you Gents for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Wiley Desperado

Thanks for the compliments my friends much appreciated.
Wiley ;D

Arizona Cattleman

;D Finally have the "Hoppy" inspired rig done.  Its been a pleasant journey and learning experience.  The Belt is lined as well as the holsters.  All stiching is hand done.  It has deer hide bullet loops that have been lined.   The lining is 3/4 oz vegtan not stained.  I did the lacing with white Kangaroo lace, which I highly recommend, it doesnt break and can be skived and joined together with glue.  It's cost is just a bit more than other good lace.  Its worth it for ease of lacing versus the frustation of lace that keeps breaking.  Here are some pics......

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

Two more.....

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Dalton Masterson

AC.. WOW :o
That thing looks great! Lots of time in that one I bet! You need some good pearl grips to go on those guns now!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a very fine rig, AC. It really looks authentic. Great job.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Dalton, Perl handles would look better.  Thanks Marshal, it was a lot of fun.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Wiley Desperado

AC, WOW!!! :) ;) :D ;D Over the center field fence out into the parking lot HOME RUN!! BEAUTIFUL!!
Wiley  ;D

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Wiley, the means alot.  Your work is top notch and something to strive for.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Johnny McCrae

Howdy AC,

WOW! You have created a real work of art. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

ShortBBL

This is my first sheath. I did a LOT of practicing on the sewin machine before giving this a go..... I think it turned out great..... but that's just me!  ha ha

How do you like it?

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Johnny, ShortBBL, that a nice sheath.  Welcome to the forum.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Outstanding AC, you really captured the Hoppy rig, your lacing must have taken some time to do, and it was worth it, this rig is a beauty all around, well done pard. ::) 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D

Shor BBL, you did a fine job on this sheath, I'd say the practice paid off , your stitching looks great, this is a nice looking set up. ::)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

ShortBBL

Thanks guys! It's not perfect, but it'll have to do for my first lether project ever!! I'll be back in the shop tomorrow trying to make a few other knives some nice new sheaths! I'm hooked!

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com