BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley Desperado

Thanks all for the comments about the knife and sheath.

WOW!! BHB beautiful rig I really like the coloring, and the conchos are great very well done.
WD

JD Alan

Hey Bob, VERY Nice Work. Somebody in Sweden is gonna be really happy when they buy that rig
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

mtgelaude

Hopefully this is the right place to show my stuff.  now lets see if I can get the pics to work.  The knife is made from a bowie blade that is sold by many knife making suppliers, I got mine from track of the Wolf.  The steel is not bad, and it is already shapened up to the point where it is easy to hone, which is good because I can not sharpen for my life.  It is antiqued and aged, and mounted with a brass guard, and a Mule deer handle.  I got hte handle from some sets that I found in a local antique shop, and they turned out very, very nice I think.  it has a poured pewter bolster, coverd with deer rawhide, and antiqued.  The bowie balances very well.  The sheath is made from 7/8 oz. Veg tan.  It was made using Chuck Burrows very helpfull tutorial on making a Mexican Loop Sheath.  I am a huge fan of his work, and get a lot of insperation that I kinda like to take ideas from (hopefully that is not a bad thing).  I never would have made anything like this if it were not for that tutorial and his willingness to share his secrets with us mortals.  I am in the process of making a belt for it, and then eventually a holster to match.  Anyways, here it is, tell me what you think.

Dr. Bob

m,

Welcome to the forum!  Great looking knife & sheath!  Thanks for posting them!!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Cliff Fendley

I love a good Mexican loop sheath, nice job on it and the knife.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy mtgelaude

Nice work on the sheath, and the knife looks sharp too, well done pard  ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Wiley Desperado

Howdy mtgelaude,  I think the knife and sheath are purdy, mighty purdy.  Nice work on both.  I too favor the Mexican loop holsters and sheaths.  Lookin forward to seeing the belt and the holster.   
Wiley  ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, MT. That Mexican Loop is a good match for the knife. The longer skirt is a nice touch. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Kid Terico

How do M. Nice looking knife and sheath. Should make a good looking rig when done .KT

Kid Terico

Will thats a great looking job on the hat.Thanks for showing. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

WaddWatsonEllis

There is some really gorgeous sutff on this page ... kinda intimidating for us newbys ... *S*

I keep thinkin', 'When I grow up, I want my work to llok just like that ' *G*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Forty Rod

That's a combination I can really get into.

Nice work.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

buckskin billy

real nice ringo rig. i have always liked that rig over the other tombstone rigs.

good looking knife and sheath. i love the color
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

santee

Great sheath Mtgelaude!

Just finished one for a new knife I bought. It's called a Missouri Belt Knife.
Not fancy. Just a serviceable cowboy or ranger sheath.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Good looking sheath Santee, and I really like that knife, the sheath compliments it very well.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Santee nice sheath. Should more than get the job done. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Boothill Bob

Nice looking sheats guys :)
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Django

Nice Santee, i do prefer plain workaday items.
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com