BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

AC, that looks great. you are getting to be one of the old pros around here. ;)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Dalton Masterson

Chuck, those are inspirational to say the least. Georgeous as always.
Slick, very nice holsters.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Dalton, those WB holsters are really great. I love the finished piece. Very good-looking with the conchos.

Slick, that slimjim is really outstanding work. Very cool.

Chuck, your latest stuff is really something. Very, very beautiful work.

Thanks for the great pics, pards.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. I've been out and about, but you pards have been BUSY! I can see it'll take a while to catch up.

Here are a couple photos I took in my wanderings.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Dang i guess you have Marsh!Real fubbalos :) :) :) Bueatiful :) I got some buffalo hide awhile back and i see now why the used it so much,awsome stuff...
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Nice work CB, looks so autentic :)
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Montana,
Beautiful work on your Slim Jim! It has a real classic look to it. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Johnny McCrae

Howdy AC,
Great job on your Tool Caddy! Nifty design well executed!

Howdy Marshall,
Great pictures! That must have been a fun trip. Was that in Yellowstone NP?
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

TN Mongo

From his DVDs I know that Chuck likes to dip-dye his leather work.  When you do a knife sheath with an insert of snake skin, like some of the work Chuck just posted, can this be dip-dyed or should the dye be brushed on to avoid contact with the insert?

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Good to have you back Marshal Wil :D

These are great pictures, and the heard has gotten bigger since I last saw it years ago, you can just stand in awe of the beauty of this country, I know you must have felt this way when seeing it, it just does something for the soul. Thanks for sharing your picture and trip, and again it's good to have you back with us again.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Marshal , some nice pictures your showing. THANKS  KT ;)

MontanaSlick

Marshal, I kin see yer kept the safe distance, them critters are awesome but dunt like the smell of after shave and perfume.

Nice piks, I have a lot of memories of that place growing up there.
Thanks fer posting

MS

JD Alan

I too am always in search of a brighter light for these aging eyes.

Marshall, sure looks like Yellowstone. I was there is '04 & '05, passing through on the way home from Sturgis. Going through there on a bike is way cool; we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. One day some buffalo were walking right down the center strip of the road. We shut the bikes down and sat there quietly while they walked single file past us close enough to pet them ( which we DID NOT do!) 

I will admit I had the kick stand down and my right foot on the ground, ready to bail if I had to.   8) 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Mogorilla

About 15 years ago, a Buddy and I did a road trip to Deadwood/badlands, etc.  Didn't know it was during Sturgis (our wives still don't believe us!)  Anyway, we went to get pictures of us picking Lincoln's nose at Mt. Rushmore.   Well, Lincoln didn't work real well, so we had to settle on Washington, but it worked.  Anyway, comeing back we wandered throught he badlands and were off the beaten path when we came upon 6 bison including 2 calves.  They were off a bit and between us and them was a deep gorge (it isn't called the badlands for nothing)  Anyway, they just stared at us while we watched and it was a beautiful site to behold.  Well, we turned around, noting where we were made it back to a turn off area for tourists.   We stopped and proceeded to tell the Ranger that we had seen some bison and that it was really picturesque and if we told him where if people wanted to see them.  He looked at us (mind you, I am a rural tennessee/illinois boy and my buddy was an iowa farm boy.) and told us that the Badlands only has a herd of 600 bison and the odds of us seeing one is slim, what we saw were cows.   He wsa such a pretentious a$$ it brought out the worst in me.  he had been quite scolding and loud when telling us we didn't know a cow from a bison.  I replied "Dam, you grow the hairiest dam cows i have ever seen!   NIMROD!"  Stormed off and walked to a family with a load of kids.  Proceeded to give the father directions and told him if I sent him to see cows, I would buy his kids dinner in Rapid City.    He found us about 3 hours later at the last turn off in the Badlands, thanked us and shared lunch with us.   Said the Ranger complained about rude Big City people when we drove off.   

cowboywc

Some mighty nice work being put out here.
Keep it up guys.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Django

Hey Dalton, how did you mess up that belt finish to look so good!!
can you remember what you did, as it looks like it's a 100 years old!

I remember Chuck done the same thing with one of his belts by mistake, maybe you done the same thing?

Django

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

GunClick Rick

Sounds like B-ison S--- to me :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

MontanaSlick

Quote from: JD Alan on July 30, 2010, 11:47:07 AM
I too am always in search of a brighter light for these aging eyes.

Marshall, sure looks like Yellowstone. I was there is '04 & '05, passing through on the way home from Sturgis. Going through there on a bike is way cool; we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. One day some buffalo were walking right down the center strip of the road. We shut the bikes down and sat there quietly while they walked single file past us close enough to pet them ( which we DID NOT do!) 

I will admit I had the kick stand down and my right foot on the ground, ready to bail if I had to.   8) 

You were a Brave Man JD and survived? Lord was on yer side that day and you didn't stay at our Castle in the Hills? JD, I'm broken hearted.

Dalton Masterson

Django,
Here is a link to the thread on this one.
I am hoping to get it to happen again, but havent tried it yet. One of these days.
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,31899.0.html
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

Looks really good with this... ;)

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com