BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Half Breed

YA know everybody amazes me we are from all walks of life with more in common than one would think every body is kind sharing and a frend to new commers, this fourm is out of sight my wife gets a big laugh when i get up every morning and get on the old pc to see what my pards are up to and i an't no rocket sceintest but when its day hear what the heck time is it in Sweden he does good work i would like to take time to thank everybody that has tutered me and befrended me hear on cas city Thanks yaall!!
your a daisy if you do

GunClick Rick

I did find this....
Firearms. The firearm display includes a Colt .41 caliber revolver, one of the main guns used in the "Old West" during the late 1800s. It was called a Colt Frontier six-shooter and like the Colt "Peace Maker," was favored by lawmen. The Colt .22 caliber is a "Police Positive" gun with a patent date back to 1884. The Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver was manufactured in the 1930s - 1940s. This was a typical type weapon used into the 1970s, when semi-automatic pistols started showing up. The "38 Special" was often used by Visalia police officers until 1975.

The Visalia Police Museum
  Re: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS
« Reply #1361 on: Today at 01:46:16 pm »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enforcement. A popular museum exhibit is the fully restored 1956 Harley Davidson three-wheel motorcycle, which was used in downtown traffic enforcement. It was assigned to Officer Floyd "Pappy" Depew in the 1960s. Upon Officer Depew's retirement, the motorcycle was given to him. His daughter, Leslie Oberholzer, donated it to the Visalia Police Association several years ago. The Association has restored the three-wheeler and it is maintained in running condition.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Johnny. The local Harley shop had one identical to it before they closed. That could be the same one. I love those Goulding sidecars. So classic.

Thanks for the note on old Floyd. Sounds like one of the old time policemen for sure. Not too many of them left around.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

howdy Pards
ive been wondering lately if a pig loses its voice is it disgruntled
??? ??? ???
;D ;D ;D
Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

santee

Quoteive been wondering lately if a pig loses its voice is it disgruntled
HAAAA! :D

Just found out our governor signed off on us Arizonans being able to carry concealed without a permit! I might make an ankle holster for my Derringer, now.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

I just noticed your SASS number Santee; Darn, you've been at this a while! The lowest number I've personally met is 54 something something. You guys from AZ are leading the Country in keeping our 2nd Amendment rights alive; way to go! JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

santee

Yeah, I've been a SASS member since '95. Interesting, watching the sport grow. Kinda scary, too. I'm not certain CAS became exactly what the original founders envisioned, but it has gotten a lot of "inner cowboys" interested and havin' fun!!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ned Buckshot

Oh yes the changes!

When I started shooting CAS we used targets that held paper plates and we'd go up and tape the holes after every shooter, timed with a stop watch etc etc.

My number is very close to Santee, I'm SASS # 2901!

Here's a picture of one of our first targets. It hangs in my shop to remind me of the good ol days.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Dalton Masterson

I wanted to join back in 94 or so, when I first heard of it, but there were no local clubs around then (and I was a flat broke college kid with a Walker and a Remmy).
I am glad I finally jumped in and did it.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

santee

That's neat, Ned. The group I was in had a member who made steel plates for us to use (I think to keep costs down). Back when all you really needed was 1 pistol to go with your rifle and shotgun...
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ned Buckshot

We shot in the backyard of one of the members. Generally only one gun per stage like only handgun on one then only rifle on another etc.

What fun those days were! ;D We didn't even add up the scores most of the time, everybody knew who won and nobody cared! :P

Long live the spirit of the "North Star Pistoleros"!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

JD Alan

Ned Buckshot

I talked to my kids in Oklahoma last night and my oldest Elizabeth got some wonderful news.

She just received notice that she has been awarded a FULL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP to the University of Oklahoma Pre-Med program!!! This program is rated very high nationally! She wants to go into medical research.

Good thing she takes after her Mom!

I am so proud I could bust!

I just had to share the joy!! It's the first time in many months I've really smiled.

Ned

Ned Buckshot

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ned,
My heartiest congratulations to you. That is wonderful news. You have every right to be so very proud of Elizabeth. I wish her much success at Oklahoma and in her upcoming career. Ned, thank you for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

KidTerico

Hi Ned that is indeed a HONOR. You have every reason to be proud. Good for her. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

JD Alan

That is Awesome news Ned. I'm not sure she completely takes after her mother though, I think you may have had something to do with it yourself!.

I've got some good news too. Yesterday I sold my Harley, something I've been trying to do for months., The guy bought it sight unseen. He lives in Seattle, about 185 miles from me. He's paying me an additional 150 to take it up to Seattle. He's a senior VP for Wells Fargo bank, so I'm fairly confident the deal will go throug, as I have a down payment coming in the mail.

Hallelujah!   

Marshal Will Wingam

That's really something, Ned. Congrats to her. You can be proud of her. So cool.

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, the wifi here is too slow for my tastes. I'll have to catch up later on. Good work, pards.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Great news Ned, I know how proud you must be.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com