BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy Marshall Will,
Were you at Columbia Mo. ? I have been to Columbia but never seen that. Looks like you had a good time. Thanks for the welcome!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Arizona Cattleman

;D ;D ;D ;D Got my Paper Sharpening System today.  Can't wait to try it this weekend.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards. It was fun. Ace, this was Columbia, CA. It's in the heart of gold country. Established in 1850. JD, I don't have a blog or anything for the pics. I do have a couple more, though. I forgot to ask what kind of stage that was. It's really cool with a rearward facing top seat. Here you go.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Oh, yeah, this is the inside of the jail. Just looking at it is an incentive to behave. No windows, no bars, no light. One vent at the back of the cells up high for air.

Dr. Bob

Marshal Will,

Gotta agree with you!!  A LOT of incentive to behave!  No sun light!  >:( :'( >:( :'( :P
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Forty Rod

Okay, I had to do some checking.  I knew I'd seen that Wells Fargo office before, but I've never been to Columbia.

Classic Miniatures made an HO scale model of that building at one time.  It may still be available if any of you model railroaders are interested.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

GunClick Rick

Did ya go through Mariposa and see the gold museum?
Bunch a ole scudders!

Curley Cole

Great pix Marshal

This is the only pix I have up on my trip to Columbia It sat at the end of the street. it looked like an oil painting when I took it

like to see somemore
thanks
curley

it looked like
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Culey, that looks a lot like my Granddads supply wagon, he use to take it to town once a month and pick up what ever they needed to last them through the month, he had 21 hands and some had their wifes and kids with them, so they went through a lot stuff in a month, this wagon reminds me of it.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

very cool picture Curley... :) I happen to have one just like it ;D ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Rick, We didn't go through Mariposa this time. We did spend an afternoon in the Gold Museum last year, though. What a great place to visit.

LOL, Curley. That wagon is still there. They cleaned it up a bit, though. That thing just begs to be photoed. ;D

cowboywc

You guys are making me miss working on westerns and driving wagons & buggies. :(
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

JD Alan

I worked out of Placerville back in the early 70's surveying, and we wandered around a few gold places up there, but nothing as cool as this place. I never heard of it before you wrote about Marshall, so thanks for that.

AC, speaking of paper wheels, WC most generously sent me one he says was lying around his shop. I hope to get it up and running this next week. I've got a Western 3 Gun shoot today, with a funeral to officiate at 4pm, and then they expect me to be at church tomorrow for am & pm services!

I'm not complaining because I really enjoy it, and the lady that died Monday was 87 and really wanted to "Go Home". The death was not unexpected and the service today will be a celebration of her life. 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

Howdy Pards
just wanted to post a quick post and a huge hats off to everyone in this group for all the kind words and comments and also all the generous wealth of help you have given over the last year or so  ??? has it really been that long since i found your string and started tagging along wow how time and leather flies threw the shop when your doing what you love
well any way pards than you from the bottom of my heart and sole
Cowboy316

GunClick Rick

WC i would sure like to hear some stories about those days.I just met a gal that lives up in the hills here that used to be a stunt gal,with Randolf Scott,Richard Boones,and was in the movie Jailhouse Rock with Elvis,she was the only one to get an autograph from Elvis cuase the colonel wouldn't let him sign any.She sold it later for over 8000.00 She is in the scene where Elvis make his first hit and he is signing a bunch of fakes,the colonel gathered all those up.Elvis later snuck her one.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

I agree with Rick, WC. That sounds like great fun. Feel free to post some interesting things that you remember.

JD Alan

+1 on the movie lot stories! ;D

Thought I'd mention I survived my first Wild Bunch shoot, and had a heck of a lot of fun to boot. I used the 1911 for the hand gun and rifle targets utill the last stage, when I only had enough 45 ACP left for the hand gun targets.

Gettin to stoke the shotgun with four is fun once in a while too! Poppin them magazines out every which way was a new experience for me.

I had to leave for the funeral before everyone finished shooting, but I don't think I did too bad. I had fun, which was the main thing. We had 36 shooters total in 3 posses shooting Western 3 Gun. Yeehah!   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Sounds like a fun match, JD. Stoking those 97's can be fun.

santee

When I first started doing gunfight shows, they were at a film location called Apacheland. The Rifleman, The Gambler, and an Elvis movie were shot there. It was a treat to walk in those streets. Sadly, it burned down about six years ago. The Lost Dutchman Museum grabbed what items they could from the embers and displayed them.
Since then I have talked with many who did gunfight shows there during its heyday of filming. Below is a pic during a blustery day. In the background you can see some of the town, and an outdoor bbq the restaurant used to make mesquite grilled steaks (yup, right next to the dry wood buildings).
Yeah, us lawmen got the drop on 'em that day. 8)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ned Buckshot

Those are fond memories Santte. I used to do gun fights and stage coach rides at Silverado NM. The movie town that Kevin Costner owned at that time.

What fun that was.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com