Chan Geer Class Day One

Started by JD Alan, October 09, 2009, 07:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

About 20 people, including Knucklehead and myself attended Sheridan Carver Chan Geer's class on basket stamping today at the Portland Tandy store. It was a great class, well worth the time and money IMO.

This guy knows his stuff, no doubt. He's a good teacher, and he's funny. He's got a bunch of Barry King tools with him, so the temptation to spend $$$ is great! He's offering everything at 20% off, so it's a good deal.

I saw beader blades that I didn't know existed, and beader creasers as well, in all widths. Actually he's out of the beader blade I want, so I guess I'll have to order that one.

He showed us many different techniques for basket stamping, from straight across to angled, arrows, circles, curves, and way more than I could catch on too. Some of the people taking the class had done so several times before, so they were able to help some of us less experienced guys, which was appreciated.

Today we start to carve, so I'm looking forward to that, and to mopping the floor again. That last comment is for Knucklehead. He has pictures.     
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com