Band aid is now in place,so far so good. :o :-X :'(
Bunch a ole scudders!

knucklehead

Quote from: GunClick Rick on October 06, 2009, 10:01:50 PM
Band aid is now in place,so far so good. :o :-X :'(

your supposed to get leather from a cow not your skin ;D
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Ned Buckshot

I always say that if I'm not bleedin' somewhere at the end of the day I just didn't work hard enough!! ;D

Of course I take 5 differant heart medications that make my blood thinner than air it seems. Even if I bump into something that remotely has an edge on it I'm bleeding! ::) ::)

I'm considering buying band aids by the case! :o

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Gun Butcher

Rick it must be in the air :o   I got bandaids on both hands ???   It is really hard to sew when the thread keeps getting caught on yer bandaids ::) ::)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Slowhand Bob

Know where you are coming from, I am wearing a big ole band aid right now myownself!  Was trying to rough up the back of some leather, fer gluing, when the power grinder mounted with a wire brush decided to go fer a walk up my thumb.  A leather shop is really a frightening place you know.  As I have stated many times, the head knife is the most gruesome invention of some sadistical demons humorous imagination and for that reason I have also added them to my 'never again' list of tools.  Surely yall did not think I intentionally painted the shop walls with red poker dots, did ya really???

Slowhand Bob

Gunbutcher, much much worse when the needle keeps getting caught in your flesh.  Been there to!

Gun Butcher

A leather shop would be a crime scene investigators dream or nightmare. At any rate he'd go nuts trying to type all the blood samples he'd come up with. 8)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

About six months ago I was not concentrating on what I was doing and my knife slipped. The result.... a trip to the Emergency room and seven stitches in the palm of my hand. I put a sign above my work bench that says "FOCUS".
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Trailrider

Quote from: Gun Butcher on October 07, 2009, 07:41:18 AM
  Rick it must be in the air :o   I got bandaids on both hands ???   It is really hard to sew when the thread keeps getting caught on yer bandaids ::) ::)

Right now I'm wearing bandaids on two fingers, same hand.  'Course, today it wasn't from doing leather work, but as you said, "Ya gotta stop the bleedin'...makes things messy!

I buy LOTS of bandaids...but I wrap one around the first joint of each finger, plus one over the end of the right thumb, with a "keeper" around it, when I hand-stitch.  It keeps the thread from cutting the creases!  FACT!  I use the flexible fabric type.

For cuts and scratches, I use the plastic ones.!  ;)
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

JD Alan

How about dropping an awl and stabing yourself? I've done that enough times now to adopt a "Wide Stance" so when the awl slips out of my hand it hits the ground or the base of the stitching horse rather than my foot. "Course if I had shoes on, it might have been safer  :o 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com