Bought a brand-new 1866 Uberti

Started by Forty Rod, October 04, 2009, 03:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

straight from the factory for $439.99 + tax and handling.
on March 4, 1987.

Made your eyes bug out and your heart stutter for a minute, though, didn't it?   ;D  ;D  ;D 

Just looked at the receipt again.  Got a an 1860 for $539.99 at the same time.  Total out the door for both was $1038.78.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

LONE GROUSE

Forty Rod,

Actually my eyes studdered and my heart bugged out :o

LoneGrouse
WAIDMANNSHAIL

Stillwater

Quote from: Forty Rod on October 04, 2009, 03:04:20 PM
straight from the factory for $439.99 + tax and handling.
on March 4, 1987.

Made your eyes bug out and your heart stutter for a minute, though, didn't it?   ;D  ;D  ;D 

Just looked at the receipt again.  Got a an 1860 for $539.99 at the same time.  Total out the door for both was $1038.78.

There is a word for what you just did... However, I'm too much of a gentleman to use it in impolite company...!  ;D

Bill

Forty Rod

Yeah, ain't I a stinker?   ::)

Got those two with an insurance settlement.

In '82 my wife bought me a '73 for Christmas.  Set her back $400.00 + tax.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ace Lungger

Howdy Forty Rod,
Out of the three, do you have a Favorite? I have had my 66 for about 2 years, I have only shot it 50 rounds or so, but I like it real good! The first C.B gun I bought, I bought it because it was a steal, I bought a Henry Repeating arms in 357. I said I wouldn't buy a rifle that said it was a Henry that had wood on the forearm, but I did because of the price, and it is a Tack Driver! So I was just wondering How the 3 guns you have or had compare to each other?
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Forty Rod

Well, I tell ya Ace, that '73 is my walk-away favorite.  All three guns have 24"octagon barrels and all three are .44-40.  The sights are dang near identical, and they are all as smooth oil on ice (or will be when Rowdy Yates finishes the Henry next week.  (His work is amazing and he doesn't replace or modify all that much, just new springs and some polishing.)

The stock angle is slightly different on the first two, or so I'm told.  I can't see or feel any difference.  The Henry is a heavy brute...about a pound more forward of the receiver...and the barrel gets hotter than Hell's hinges if you shoot a lot of BP through it in a short time.  So do the other two, but the wood handguard keeps you from feeling it.

The wood on all three is very nice and I've added my 'bird' to the stocks of all three.

I can't explain it, but the '73 is just "right" for me. Might be different for someone else. That's why they make so many flavors of ice cream.

I have a Rossi/EMF Hartford '92 with the same length barrel in .45 Colt.  It's very smooth and very accurate, but it does NOT feel right, or even close.

Fox Creek Kid

In the Spring of '82 I bought an Uberti Henry at dealer cost which was then $440. You could have bought a Weatherby for that amount then!!  :o ;D

Ace Lungger

Fox,
You are right!! When I was skeet shooting, I bought my Browning 4 barrel set new for $3200.00, and my favorite bird gun was a Siper Light Browning O/U english style stock, it has 3 A fancy wood out of the box for $585.00 this all was in the 80's. Guns have went up so much since then!
Forty,
Most likey I won't get to shoot any of my CB guns untill next summer, maybe by then i will be able to shoot and would like to shoot all mine enough to know which i like better?
Thanks so much!! I am still waiting on my Henry, when I get it I will post pic's!!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com