1858 remington by armi san marco

Started by dead river den, October 04, 2009, 10:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead river den

Hello all,
I have the oppurtunity to aquire an older 1858 remington by armi san marco, it is in good shape other than some slight storage rusting, any problems associated with these?? Any idea on a fair value for one? currently have a couple of 1860 armys by pietta that i shoot and like them very much but always wanted a remmie to add to the mix.
thanx,
Dead River Den

Wolfgang

I've got one.   1990 vintage.   Good shooter.   No problems with it.  Got it for $ 100 as part of a deal on other stuff.  Not great shape but shootable.  Just an "extra" as I stick with Piettas. 
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Pulp

Can't speak for the '58 but my ASM '60 is now 10 years old, and has been through a whole bunch of SASS matches.  Still going strong.
2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

Roosterman

I just bought a ASM 2nd model Dragoon made in 1976. It has the best timing on any repro revolver that I own and a very smooth action. haven't shot it yet but I suspect it will be a great shooter. This is my first ASM gun and I'm very impressed.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

44caliberkid

I have a '58 ASM made in 1975, and it's a very nice repro.

dead river den

Thanks for the replys. Helped with my decision.
Dead River Den

Major 2

Armi San Marco took some bad rep. toward the end of the Companys run.
Some of it justified...however if you know the reason then it's some what understandable.

Years ago ASM had some fine artisans..the guns were good....ASM was under the direction of the Son in Law of Aldo Uberti.
Not part of Uberti in any way...except by marriage. A small company that did nice work.
As the BP Replica interest began to heat up....More and more importers were ordering guns.
Discount importer like Traditions, Sportmans Warehouse ,Cabelas, and a few other sources began
undercuting Navy Arms, Cimarron, and EMF.... to keep the big wholesalers Traditions, Sportmans Warehouse etc.
happy as costs rose, some QC began to suffer.
This was a double axing..because some of the guns wound up at Navy Arms, Cimarron, and EMF... were customers demanded
better, that the package discount deals.
Navy Arms, Cimarron, and EMF had to make good, and so guns were returned... findly they stopped buying ASM's
as later, did the big Discount importers and the company closed it doors. There was an attempt to resurrect it in 2002...but it dried up...
I've had ASM Walkers that were fine out of the box...I have a Dave Anderson USPFA Prototype of a  Richards on a ASM Frame
See his fine work in Adler's Matallic Cartridge Conversions
This gun is from a time when USFA (USPFA) was Uberti Importer, and the slickest and sweetest shooter I have.
Partly, because of it's  Dave Anderson workmanship, partly because it a USFA propotype, and it also happens to be an ASM.
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com