Headin to the shows

Started by cowboywc, September 30, 2009, 06:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Your a winner n my book for the pure fact you can make one :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

WC we've learned a lot from you in the progress of your saddle.  Sheridan is pretty, but it not very creative as yours was.  Sheridan is all about the math.  Yours shows creativity then execution.  I would be proud to own your saddle.  Don't change your style just to please a judge, and maybe just maybe next year you will have judges that recognize your style as great.  Good luck my friend.  Say hi to Ace for me....

Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well Pal. maybe you didn't win there, but you're a winner here, the guy that won, did do a beautiful job, but I think it's apples and oranges, two different styles all together, I think IMHO, they should have more category's, you would have won with your style alone.

Enjoy the Cowboy of Fame, and say Howdy to Ace for me  :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

Well, the Sheridan guy did very good work, no doubt about it. Still, the knifework you did was exceptional, so I don't believe it was an easy choice for them. Like the others have said, your the winner in our book!

I hope you and Ace have a great time. I know Ace will!

Be safe on the drive home
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ace Lungger

WC,
I have to agree with our Pards! Two totaly different styles of carving!! So the Judges are going to go with the style they like! I can say this, the saddle you lost to is beautifull, and you have no reason to feel anything but proud with your Saddle! It is killer and it is a winner to me and the rest of the pards on here!!
See ya Monday!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy Pards
Thank you all for the kind words.
I don't believe it was the carving that beat me. He built a better saddle. I had a couple of the best makers talk to me and tell me what I did wrong (mistakes that I knew, just didn't know how to do it right).
So maybe if I get this one sold I can do another one next year.
Going to the Cowboy Hall of Fame in a few minutes.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Very cool, WC. There's a whole lot to know about making saddles. That's very fine workmanship you did. A winning design for sure. You have my respect, there. Maybe someday I'll start on that learning curve.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy All
I learned a lot at the show. Mostly what I did wrong. Have to try harder on the next one.
Will post pix when I get home.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Looking forward to those pics. See you soon.

cowboywc

Howdy All
Finally got to work on the holster and sheath I started in Iowa at the demo I did. Maybe I'll get the gunbelt done soon.
WC

cowboywc

Here is the sheath
WC

cowboywc

Howdy All
This is what greeted me that morning. Damn it was cold. Carving wet leather in the snow is no fun.
WC

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC

First off it's good to have you back with us again, and we're glad you had an enjoyable trip.

This new holster is going to be sharp, great carving, I'll look forward to seeing the finished product when your done, I like that swing out at the seam line, nice look  ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Wow WC, that holster and sheath are going to be beautiful man.
Its good to have you back with us. I bet that weather was really tough on a southern Cal boy like you. Talk about your handicaps, that would have been a show stopper for me
Listen to me ,an old Wisconsinite who use to think zero was nice weather , I guess i have been in Alabama to long.
I'm hoping to be able to get some leather soon so that I can get back to work on my saddle. Got plenty of 8 to 9 oz but  that won't do.
Anyway, glad you are back I love looking at your work.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look great, WC. I really like that floral pattern in black. I see you did just enough detail to do the trick without overdoing it. Nice work. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Quote from: cowboywc on November 07, 2009, 04:16:58 PMThis is what greeted me that morning. Damn it was cold. Carving wet leather in the snow is no fun.
I agree; damn. I guess it could have been worse. After all, you could have been barefoot. :o

Dalton Masterson

Looks good WC!!
Question tho. Do you always carve before you cut out your project? Why? Just never seen it done that way.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

cowboywc

Howdy All
Thank you for the kind words.
DM
Yes I always do. I never have a problem with stretching or shrinking this way.
WC

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WC,

Top notch Holster and Sheath! Thank you for posting it this way. It's very informative to see something like this in progress before the sewing process.

By the way if you get any more snow just send it up here  to Wisconsin. My downhill ski's are ready to go.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboywc

Howdy Johnny
I don't think I'll be gettin any now that I'm back in So. Cal.
WC

GunClick Rick

Quote from: cowboywc on November 07, 2009, 04:13:16 PM
Here is the sheath
WC
[/quote

From a distance that sheath looks like a picaso ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com