White Leather

Started by Colonel Buckshot, September 16, 2009, 01:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Buckshot

Anyone done anything in white leather?  I shot in US Navy White undress also know as the Choker Whites.  The standard leather colors rub off on the whites and I was wondering if white leather would be any better
Adrian Geary
Samsula, FL
US Army Honorable Discharged  19E/45K
NRA, GAF, SUVCW

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Colonel Buckshot

I'm sure that the white leather would be less of a threat to your choker whites, than some of the darker dyed colors, there is always  the chance that you can get some rubbed off of the white too, but at least the color would be the same, sealing in the color with a good top finish, and leaving the back of your leather clean and undyed will add extra protection that nothing will rub off onto your clothing, same thing goes for suspenders made of leather.

Hope this helped, and maybe others will have other ideas on this also

And Welcome to the Leather Shop

Regards

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Colonel,

Recently I bought some White Leather from my local Tandy store. It was for a purse I made for my grand daughter. I don't know iif it would be heavy enough for suspenders but the color seemed like it would not run off. I'd be glad to send you a sample if you wish.
It has a nice appearance to it.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Dr. Bob

You might get by with putting a white leather liner on the belt and make it a bit smaller than the belt.  Or even a natural liner that is a bit smaller and would not show. 
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com