CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK

Started by Long Johns Wolf, September 06, 2009, 01:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Johns Wolf

Howdy to the campfire: as some of you know I am doing this little research project into the Belgian Colts "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY" aka Centennial Army aka Centaures. Their barrels are marked on the top either "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY", CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY" or "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY" CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK. Some have added CHICAGO U.S.A. These are the true Belgians. During the 1960s they were imported and sold in the USA through Centennial Arms Corp., Chicago, hence the CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK. Later they were available through other dealers as well like DGW.
Centennial Arms marketed other Italian made C&B revolvers as well. Some of them are marked CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK on the side of the barrels. If you own such a pistol here are my questions
- Which model?
- Serial number and/or year of Italian proof?
- Manufacturer (probably marked under the barrel)?
- Pictures are appreciated
I am aware of brass framed 51 Navies made by ASM.
I like to use your information on the Centaure website to properly differentiate the Belgian and Italian manufactured BP revolvers sold by Centennial Arms but also to clarify if Centennial Arms selling of other makers C&B pistols eventually led to them losing the marketing rights for the Belgians.
Thanks for your help.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com