New holster (in progress)

Started by Slowhand Bob, September 04, 2009, 01:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

That shooter is gonna come outta there very fast :o
Bunch a ole scudders!

Slowhand Bob

Guys I updated my last post, of last night, with the patterns.  For a really fast and easy project you can use the same pattern to make an unlined holster like the extra one in the photo.  If the wiiide open stand out skirt fold is important to you just add a stiffener in that area of the unlined holster.  Also remember that the open roll is not supported by kydex or metal so do not pile heavy objects on top of these.  Later.

Slowhand Bob

The old plans were deleted and new ones added that, for me, print out to actual size.  I simply right click on th image I want to reproduce and send it to my files, after which they will print out properly with Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Elements.  As before, I do not know why but they will not print accurately using the Microsoft program that came installed on my computer.  If this does not work properly for you now JD just let me know and I will get some patterns in the mail.

Ace Lungger

Howdy Bob,  :)
Super Job!! And we are all very great full for the drawing's and explaining your method. That is what makes this the great forum on the whole net! You cannot find a better bunch of people than there are here!! No where in the world have I been or seen people that are willing to teach you to either do this as a hobby or a job!!

Thank you so much!!
Just a want a be!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Slowhand Bob

Ace, I know I have been slow in keeping my word but I was just telling Cowboy that one of the projects I was working on was a new air compressor in the shop.  Hopefully I will soon have those impressions in the mail for you.   if your friend can actually reproduce them in steel, you really need to look into this as the groundwork for making molds to reproduce these in pewter.  You wouldnt get rich but there might be a small niche market for such.

Ace Lungger

Howdy Bob,  :)
I am in no hurry!! I have to live day by day! We have had some strange weather and it has been killing my back!! I havn't got anything done all week!!
So don't sweat anything on my part!
Enjoy the day, for tomorrow may not come!

Later my Friend
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

This may have already been addressed....T-Nuts are sold at Lowe's or Home Depot in bags of five (5) pieces...also you can get them at many local hardware stores in boxes of 100. 
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

Howdy Bob, I was able to print out the patterns to the correct size.(actually my wife was, she's the computer pro in the family) This appears to be the same holster you sent me a sample of, only the one I got was a little smaller.

I want to modify this to a strong side, because I'm really trying to move away from the cross draw style of shooting. I've had several opportunities to shoot with the two strong side rig lately, and I'm starting to feel comfortable with it.

I don't suppose you have a pattern handy of the carving you used on this holster? (Boy, the gaul of this guy JD!)

I also got your PM, thank very much.   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Slowhand Bob

JD, I actually have that pattern in two sizes.  One I use for unlined Colt holsters and one I use for lined Colt or unlined OMRV holsters.  If you have any problems adapting it just let me know and I will post the original straight drop pattern.  Be sure and see my new upcoming post on home tanning for a really cheep leather source. 

JD Alan

I want to make lined holsters for my NMV's 5 1/2 inch barrels. I plan to add some length to the flap, to make the holster drop a little farther down. I also want the body of the holster to push out a little bit (girth ya know) :o

I assume I would have to add a little to the edges of the body to compensate for the liner. I'll mess around with it and see what happens

Thanks a lot Bob, JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com