Cowboy Action Zombies

Started by RollingThunder, August 30, 2009, 12:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollingThunder

OK. So recently having purchased an SKS, I've been hanging out on the SKS boards and picking up as much info as I can for safety's sake. However, these guys are about the funniest bunch of feller's I've ever had the pleasure of chatting with.

Not the least of which, is the continual assertion that the SKS is a fantastic ZDG (Zombie Defense Gun). So, I thought, well, zombies have been around for a long time, and I bet that old J. B. Hickock must've faced a few down too.

So what do YOU guys think you would want to use as a CAZDG, and what kind of loads would you use. Would you need a quick draw rig considering that they kinda shamble, and sometimes fall of their zombie horses?

:-\
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

How do RT  :o

Did you say the Z word, there's only one way to KILL ZOMBIE'S, that's with FULL HOUSE loads out of either a 44, 44/40 or 45 long Colt, with SILVER BULLETS, it'll get em every time. and after they're dead you can recover your silver and use it again, That's all I think I know on this. :-\ :-X :P ::) ??? :o 8) ;) :D I think this is what they did back then, that's why Tombstone was such a success, all that SILVER helped heep them ZOMBIE'S under con troll. ??? 

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

Would the silver be for zombie werewolves?  :)

White Buffalo Chip

:DHowdy RT,
First of all, it's like my granddad you'sta say... "If you kill
the head the rest of it WILL die", course he was talking
about varmints. I shoot .44spl's ot's, so I'd go with regular
ol' defence loads (ie: Silvertips no +P),same for the '73.The
sxs 12ga would get #1 buck with the xtra full choke tubes and a
bandolier of shells. Short ot's in a double huckleberry rig
with the long ot's in a pair of niiiiice slim jims from Slow
Hand Bob and the rifle in my left hand with the sxs on a
string under my aussie duster. That's bout it.

WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Skeeter Lewis

In my opinion, it would take black powder through a zombie's heart at midnight. If we're trying to introduce a touch of reality into the conversation. Skeet

RollingThunder

Quote from: Skeeter Lewis on August 30, 2009, 02:03:09 PM
If we're trying to introduce a touch of reality into the conversation. Skeet

LOL, Skeet. Now why would we wanna do that?

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: RollingThunder on August 30, 2009, 01:20:37 PM
Would the silver be for zombie werewolves?  :)

Silver is GOOD all around RT, them things can't handle it  ;) ;D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

Plus, if you over penetrate with a high-powered firearm in close-defense situations, you WILL likely kill the werewolf right behind him.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

??? ::) That's Right  ;D ;D ;D

Slowhand Bob

Chip, glad to see you came to visit us on the CAS boards.  Bet you did not realize that we handled such serious problems over here.   I hope everything is going well with you and I appreciate the thumbs up.  Now MR Harris, watch how I solve one of the worlds greatest problems, monster critters.

Guys, as much of a problem as zombies pose, there will be a greater one on SCI-FI tonight at 9.  Seems some robotic bug type aliens invaded the old west and our cowboy forefathers fought them off, story tonight and report tomorrow.

I just studied the common living dead zombie just a couple of nights ago on tv.  Seems a whole lab full of these guys got away from their underground hive and out into the population of Racoon City (gotta be out west somewhere).  These bad boys are slow movers, not particularly strong and very very dumb, with only one thing in mind, biting you!  Now there have been times thet ole Slowhand got nibbled on without a complaint but these biters are different, one nibble from them and you will never play cowboy again.

Well, there is the good and there is the bad BUT then there is some more good!  These guys are really slow and clumsy BUT not even the 44mag or mighty 12ga will stop them with a point blank torso hit BUT a really anemic 32 fmj to the head will drop them in their tracks.  These guys would make less of a bleep on our radar than a yellow jacket if it wasnt for the fact that they tend to run in massive numbers and want to congregate where ever the best darn looking womens are at AND they bite them purty thangs everytime, not that the tought wouldnt cross my mind also.  Perhaps I have something in common with them zombies, womens have always tended to holler and run when I wanted to uhhh I digress.

Cowboy guns and ammo fer zombies, no need fer power or big holes here, just gotta punch through the skull and be fast to reload .  38s in  Schofields for fast recovery times and faster reloads and the same 38s in a 73 Win for high capacity.  Since the 97 wasnt around yet I would pick the 87 with buck for shooting high and taking out masses.  

JD Alan

The double Huckleberry rig has real merit, if we could get SASS to sign off!

They've allowed stoking the shotgun for the Wild Bunch (Can anyone say Western 3 Gun?) so why not a shoulder rig?

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

??? ::) JD,  ??? What does a Huckleberry rig got to do with killing ZOMBIES :-\ :-X :P ::) :o ;D ;D :D ;D

RollingThunder

cowboy316

awwwwww shoot pards if you boys are that worried bout all them zombies and such just let me put on a pair of short shorts they never bother us again LOL LOL LOL
Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Rt has it right. I got to shoot one of those. It's a great ZDG. One sweep cleans a whole field.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

I dunno Marshall. C316 in short shorts would clear a field too.

Of both zombies AND cowboy!  ;D

JD Alan

Quoting White Buffalo Chip, response # 3 "The sxs 12ga would get #1 buck with the xtra full choke tubes and a
bandolier of shells. Short ot's in a double huckleberry rig"

Since we were so far out of the reality mode already, I thought I'd bring up the chances of SASS every changing   :P

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well now JD that makes since, 8) it's all in how we look at things don't ya know, thanks for splayin it to me Pard  ::)

Mogorilla

For a more serious Western-Horror movie than the SyFy channel, check out The Burrowers.   Clancy Brown is in it (the Kurgan from Highlander and the killer bass voice from commercials)   I like good horror movies, and even bad westerns, this was decent for both. 

Slowhand Bob

WOW, just finished watching COPPERHEADS followed by the Sixgun Vs Six Legs movies on Sci-Fi and all I can say is yall shoulda watched them.  Guys this was movie making at its best and the plots were so plausible that it seemed like I was actually there!  Had me on the edge of my seat alright.  Martians getting high on uranium, who would have ever guessed?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com