It's open season on gophers !

Started by Foothills Drifter, April 10, 2005, 03:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foothills Drifter

Quote from: Pat Riot on April 16, 2005, 07:51:50 PM
Come to think of it...Gophers eat vegetables. Cattle eat vegetables, i.e. Grass.
Seems to me that you have a new way of eatin' Steak! :o

Shoot a couple of those little Holsteins and you have a meal! Wahooo!

Howdy......
I'll give it a try tonight and get back to ya.......... :o

Good shootin......
Vern... 8)

litl rooster

Available soon on EBAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>litl'roosters 1001 uses for a dead gophers, get a pre release copy now direct from me and I 'll scrible somethin in the cover for ya. 
Mathew 5.9

Foothills Drifter

Howdy......
The B B Q'ed gopher tasted like $h!t  :( However...the dog liked it)
If ya got more info.............. ::)

Good shootin......
Vern...  ;D

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Foothills Drifter on April 17, 2005, 04:17:58 PM
Howdy......

Good shootin......
Vern...  ;D

I've never tasted the afore mentioned comparison to BBQ'd gopher.  However, having tasted gopher before, I was not impressed.  I supposed if I was starving, it would be good eatin', but I don't know if I'll ever be that hungry.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Vin Weasel

Well, if'n ya wanna make gopher huntin' more Cowboy, use a lever action rifle to do the shootin'.  My Winchester 94/22 Mag.  does a nice job, and make sme feel more like a cowboy.

Vin
"Let 'er buck."

SASS #60291
NRA
BASS
Presidential Prayer Team
PBR

Foothills Drifter

Howdy......
I have  .22, .38, .357, .45 colt, .45acp & 12 ga. My favorite in my Daisy Red Rider BB Rifle  ;D

Good shootin......
Vern...

litl rooster

Quote from: stoneypete on April 18, 2005, 10:37:51 AM
Howdy......

Good shootin......
Vern...  ;D

I've never tasted the afore mentioned comparison to BBQ'd gopher.  However, having tasted gopher before, I was not impressed.  I supposed if I was starving, it would be good eatin', but I don't know if I'll ever be that hungry.

The best way to prpare Gopher....Please feel to use this receipt, (also in my soon to be released book ;D)
   you need to build a small HOT fire
  in the bottom of 8 quart dutch oven place  a small oak board,( clear pine if not too pitchy)

place 1 clean and skinned gopher
  salt and pepper to taste
  now take one half fifth of corn squezzin's  and pour around  gopher reserve other half of bottle
  place lid on dutch oven and hang on hook over fire and keep hot coals on lid for 3 to 4 hours
  drink reserved squeezins
  remove Oven from fire
remove gopher and place on plate, cool for 10 minutes
  finish drinking squeezins
  remove oak board and begin eating it....................... and give the gopher to your dog

Mathew 5.9

Stoney Pete

Quote from: litl rooster on April 24, 2005, 07:29:00 AM
Quote from: stoneypete on April 18, 2005, 10:37:51 AM
Howdy......

Good shootin......
Vern...  ;D

The best way to prpare Gopher....Please feel to use this receipt, (also in my soon to be released book ;D)
   you need to build a small HOT fire
  in the bottom of 8 quart dutch oven place  a small oak board,( clear pine if not too pitchy)

place 1 clean and skinned gopher
  salt and pepper to taste
  now take one half fifth of corn squezzin's  and pour around  gopher reserve other half of bottle
  place lid on dutch oven and hang on hook over fire and keep hot coals on lid for 3 to 4 hours
  drink reserved squeezins
  remove Oven from fire
remove gopher and place on plate, cool for 10 minutes
  finish drinking squeezins
  remove oak board and begin eating it....................... and give the gopher to your dog

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Foothills Drifter

Howdy......
A night or two ago Cheyenne (the dog) came in the house (she has her own 'dog door' out back) and ploped herself down on her giant pillow next to the wood burnin stove,looked up at us and opened her mouth and out drops a GOPHER  :o  Well.....I started laughin but the wife didn't think it was so funny. She expressed her displeasure with her opened the front door,Cheyenne grabbed the gopher and went outside to finish it off (it was still kickin...a little) Never a dull moment around here  ;D

Good shootin......
Vern... 8)

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com