It's open season on gophers !

Started by Foothills Drifter, April 10, 2005, 03:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foothills Drifter

;Howdy......
It's that time of year....GOPHER SEASON! I got a whole $h!t load of 'em and me and THE DAISY RED RIDER BB RIFLE are goin ta town on 'em  ;D I love bein a 'big game hunter'  ;)

Good shootin......
Vern...

Micheal Fortune

Yes Drifter it's gopher time!  ;D

Some of you will say, "What's Cowboy about that?"

It's CAS moving target time!  Only avalable in the Spring, coming to a field near you! :o  ;) ;D
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

litl rooster

Drifter and Micheal we have their fat cousins here and it's a good target shoot... Beside they will track you down and kill ya if your not careful and I do mean that, we've logged plenty of workers comp claims cuz of em'. For every one ya kill ,ya kill 6 more. Ground hogs and gophers about the only game I don't eat and still shoot at.
Mathew 5.9

RIO DEL RIO

Hey Pardner:  Got a deal for you:  I will trade you l sack of grey squirrels, l sack of moles, and l sack of voles for a sack of gophers.  Its quite a deal and I will throw in a couple of buzzards (oops strike that) they were my neighbors!! Could you use a bushel of fire ants instead?

Micheal Fortune

Hey now, that might not be a bad trade at that.  And I sure could use a bushel or two of fire ants, I got neighbors too. :o ;D
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Stoney Pete

Up hear we call 'em woodchucks, though someone may come on here and tell me there two different beasts.  There was a time when my neighbor, dad, sister and me would all compete to see who would get the most each year.  But now that we no longer keep a garden I don't kill for killing's sake.  Mom rather watch them anyway.

I remember the time my sis go one early one morning.  We proped it up on sticks in my neighbors garden.  When he got home form 3rd  shift we watched him sneak up on a dead chuck.  He was half way across the yard when he realized he's been had. ;D

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Silver Creek Slim

My dawg likes to skin woodchucks alive. Pretty gruesome.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Micheal Fortune

I think we had this conversation last year, didn't Slim kill something with an ax handle???

A wood chuck or a rock chuck is a marmot and a gopher is a ground squirrel, digs holes, lives underground, but the all move and blow up real good!  ;D

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Micheal Fortune on April 11, 2005, 01:50:58 PM
I think we had this conversation last year, didn't Slim kill something with an ax handle???

A wood chuck or a rock chuck is a marmot and a gopher is a ground squirrel, digs holes, lives underground, but the all move and blow up real good!  ;D
It was a woodchuck with a Wonder Bar!

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Russ T Chambers

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on April 11, 2005, 03:11:46 PM

Slim

Are you sure it wasn't Prof. Plumb, in the library, with a wrench?   ??? ::) ;D ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Foothills Drifter

Howdy......
In addition to gophers,we also got squirrls,sometimes,been a coupla years sense we had 'em,but they will come back,they always do. We also get possems,a few racoons and a whole lotta skunks  :o The coyotes have been shot at so much we don't see a lot of 'em anymore. Cheyenne (our dog) killed a gopher last night. It was a tough battle but she managed to get the upper hand (paw) She had him slightly out-weighed (she weighs 105 pounds)

Good shootin......
Vern...  8)

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Russ T Chambers on April 11, 2005, 04:42:12 PM
Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on April 11, 2005, 03:11:46 PM

Slim

Are you sure it wasn't Prof. Plumb, in the library, with a wrench?   ??? ::) ;D ;D
You always were good at "CLUE"

Stoney (what don't have nor had a clue) Pete

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

litl rooster

the dreaded varmit cong

To kill a gopher you must think like a gopher

Bill Murray..... Karl
Caddy Shack
Mathew 5.9

Willie Wheelgun

Well, I am making a sales trip to Montana next week and will have my gopher gear for entertainment.  The critters in Montana are technically North Dakota Spring Tailed Gophers.  For the rancher they are a serious plague.  At the beginning of a season, one breeding pair will have four progeny that also reproduce.  That little family circle in one season will eat as much grain as a steer!
No, they don't stand out there and eat it.  They cut the grain stawk down and drag it into their den for days when it is too cold to forage or winter. 
Don't worry about bagging them up.  They drag the cadavers into the den and eat them.  Little canibals.  Cute, but not loveable.
Willie
Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave!
God Bless America
Soos Creek, Washington Territory

RRio

Better be careful with them gophers!! Remember what happened to Bill Murray in "Caddy Shack"??

;D ::)
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Foothills Drifter

Quote from: Rawhide Rio on April 14, 2005, 04:48:30 AM
Better be careful with them gophers!! Remember what happened to Bill Murray in "Caddy Shack"??

;D ::)
Howdy......
This ain't Bushwood and I ain't Bill Murry  ;)  and I got more guns then him.... ;D

Good shootin......
Vern...  8)

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Foothills Drifter

Howdy......
I'm thinkin
B B Q TONIGHT  :o

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

Pat Riot

Come to think of it...Gophers eat vegetables. Cattle eat vegetables, i.e. Grass.
Seems to me that you have a new way of eatin' Steak! :o

Shoot a couple of those little Holsteins and you have a meal! Wahooo!
God Bless America
http://www.shooterslobby.com/index.php
Proud member of The Cowboys - Southern representative
"Posse 7 is a state of mind"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com