Headin to Wyomin tomorrow!

Started by Dalton Masterson, August 28, 2009, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

VACATION at last!
Headin to Casper tomorrow evening, via Cheyenne, then onto Cody to visit Freeda's Grandpa. We will go thru the park again while we are there, which is always fun. Never been there late summer/fall so it might be a pleasant treat. :-\

Then onto Billings sometime at the end of the week to visit her great Aunt, whose late husband was a wonderful bootmaker. I learned more in the 30 minutes watching him make boots than I have ever learned. His name was Mike Ives. Hopefully I can peruse his shop a little while I am there, and just soak it in. I think his son is now making boots. Maybe I can talk my wife into a new pair.... :-*

Then onto Sheridan, where we will visit anything we can find open. There is a leather shop there I want to go to. Then its on home via Casper/Cheyenne I80 again, unless we decided to make the Deadwood run instead.

So, if your out and about in these spots, and see a blue Chevy Avalanche with a SASS sticker in the window, give a holler!
Just dont wake the baby.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

cowboy316

hey Dalton hope you have a fun and safe trip just to bad you cant detour over the hill to laramie LOL but its cool we will get together someday while your in cheyenne you should hit the tandy shop there Richard the owner is a cool guy he will treat ya right if you do get there tell him Tim Mickelson from laramie told ya to stop in LOL
have fun and dont forget King ropes saddelery in sheridan
Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hi Dalton

Have a great and safe trip Pard, sounds like a lot of fun , and neat places to go see, let us know know when you get back, I know you will have some good stories, and maybe some pictures too. Wish I was there now, we're going have 110 temps here today, and most of the So. Calif. mountains and hill sides are on fire again,as normal for this State.

Have fun Pard

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

Howdy DM
If you go near Sheridan you should stop at King Saddlery and visit the Museum. You won't be sorry.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

My Avitar is from the Stohlman exhibit upstairs, that is their work bench.
WC

Dalton Masterson

WC, that is in Sheridan? Cool. Didnt realize that bench was there.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Ace Lungger

Howdy Dalton,
Glad to here that you are going to get to go to some awesome places! I have spent a lot time out in that part of the US and I LOVE IT! :) I allways plan on living there when I got to retirer >:( Guess not now!! Make sure and take a lot of photo's!! Be safe and take care of your family!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy DM
Half of all the stuff Al & Ann made for the Tandy books and all the craftaids and Doodle pages are there also along with their tool.
It's an awesome feeling standing at their bench and thinking about all the work they did there.
WC

Dalton Masterson

Cool. I cant wait to get there now!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

knucklehead

barry king tools is in sheridan as well. be sure to stop there. i use his tools for the sheridan rose tooling.
they are the best ones that i have used to this day.

http://www.barrykingtools.com/

also if you can find him check out Chan Geer. Barry King tools should be able to help you get in touch with Chan Geer. Chan sells Barry King tools during the classes he teaches across the country. he is a real neat guy, so try to find him time premitting.

http://www.lonestarleathercraft.org/nl/05Mar.pdf

the above link will show some of the stuff that chan geer does.

i may still have his business card at home. willl check and post the phone number to you.

I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

GunClick Rick

Pinedale Wy.mountainman museum,home of Jim Bridgers rifle.That's where my mountainman friend Chuck Streeper used to go every year.

http://www.museumofthemountainman.com
Bunch a ole scudders!

Hedley Lamarr

If you see a black toaster on wheels (Honda Element) with a SASS sicker in the back window and Washington state license plate, while you are around Cody, that would be me.
Or I might be on a blue and silver Harley (Washington plates also).
I'll be rolling into town Monday eve. for a two week vacation and an NCOWS cowboy match.
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Dalton Masterson

Hedley, are you staying in Cody? Where is the match? Might have to go watch!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Hedley Lamarr

I am staying at a pards house over in Powell.
I'll be watching the gunfight at the Irma several evenings next week, likely as not in cowboy clothes with my straw boater on. I know most of the folks putting on the gunfight so I'll be hanging around them.
The match is Labor Day weekend.
I actually don't know where it is other than it's about 25 miles southwest out town. I've not been there before.
It's way up in the hills at an old sawmill.
We'd love to have you come out.
I sent you my phone number via pm so feel free to call me after Tuesday morning.
If I don't answer then me and a posse would be out riding the Harley bikes to someplace neat.
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

JD Alan

Sounds like a cool trip Dalton, I hope you have a great time. JD. New Boots? Oh Yeah  8)
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dalton Masterson

We will try to look you up Hedley! We are in Casper as I type, and heading out in the morning to Cody. We might do the gunfights one night, but with the baby, it might be kind of tough. It can get pretty crowded around it.
I am sure I am going to have chores to do at the house, getting stuff ready for winter, so may just be busy as all get out.
If I dont see ya, have a great trip!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Have a good trip, Dalton. Post a few pictures when you get back if you can.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Farmer

Quote from: Dalton Masterson on August 28, 2009, 11:00:00 AM
VACATION at last!
Headin to Casper tomorrow evening, via Cheyenne, then onto Cody to visit Freeda's Grandpa. We will go thru the park again while we are there, which is always fun. Never been there late summer/fall so it might be a pleasant treat. :-\

Then onto Billings sometime at the end of the week to visit her great Aunt, whose late husband was a wonderful bootmaker. I learned more in the 30 minutes watching him make boots than I have ever learned. His name was Mike Ives. Hopefully I can peruse his shop a little while I am there, and just soak it in. I think his son is now making boots. Maybe I can talk my wife into a new pair.... :-*

Then onto Sheridan, where we will visit anything we can find open. There is a leather shop there I want to go to. Then its on home via Casper/Cheyenne I80 again, unless we decided to make the Deadwood run instead.

So, if your out and about in these spots, and see a blue Chevy Avalanche with a SASS sticker in the window, give a holler!
Just dont wake the baby.

DM

I'm SO JEALOUS!!! lol,..wife and I have been wanting to ride through Wyoming. We ride a road king classic (twinkie '88),..and we've ridden through many states,....trying to get to all 50 eventually,...but I love it out towards Wyoming,...Nebraska,....South and North Dakota,.....if I could find work there,..I think I would move out that way.

Dalton Masterson

I am finally back home. We left Cody friday around lunchtime, and headed over the Bighorns to Sheridan. The top of the Bighorns is currently under construction, so I got to do a little mountaineering/dirt roading while on the way.
Hit downtown Sheridan saturday morning, and the museum is well worth the trip. More stuff in there than can be seen. Even saw the Wilson saddle bags that would go nicely on my Wilson saddle. Couldnt get them out the door tho. :( Took lots of pics tho.

Then on the way out of town we hit a little leather shop that is going to get some repeat business from me called Sheridan Leather. There are old tools for sale, as well as nice used stuff, and new. Leather of all kinds, and also has Barry King stamps on the counter to try, and another guy that is making tools by the name of Billy Klutts. It is a serious leather shop. Spent well over an hour in there talking and looking, and learning.

Well, I am gonna hit the hay and try to post some pics tomorrow.
DM

PS: Hedley, I saw your little buggy go by me once, but didnt catch ya, and couldnt get any internet access to get your phone number (stupid computers). Your right, that is a toaster on wheels!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Ace Lungger

Dalton ,  :)
It does my heart good that you had a good trip and that you all made it home safe and sound! (God Bless) :)
When you get rested up you can tell us all about it!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com