Anybody seen R. Lee Ermey's "Lock 'n Load" episode about pistols?

Started by Daniel Nighteyes, August 16, 2009, 08:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Nighteyes

If you have, a fair amount of it was filmed on two adjacent CAS ranges that I frequent.  On the north side of the stream (which we sometimes call the Rio Grande...  ;)) is the Hole In The Wall Gang's range.  This is where Ermey massacred several jars of candy with a Mini-Uzi.  If you look behind him you can see the "gallows" on the stage where he is, and the "church" on the adjacent stage.

On the south side of the stream -- and where the larger portion was shot -- is the Deadwood Boys range.  In fact, in the segment where Ermey shoots a timed stage with a Glock, you can see the initials "DWB" on the timer.  That, of course, stands for DeadWood Boys.

Incidentally, the Deadwood Boys' range, in addition to being the home of the Deadwood Drifters SASS club, is the home of Western 3-Gun and the World Cup...

Regards as always,

-- Nighteyes

Harley Starr

Indeed I have seen that episode!
To me the funniest bit was when the Gunny couldn't shoot the jar from a horse and then managed to shoot it from his "Steel Horse". :D
A work in progress.

Danny Bear Claw

Good show...  good episode too.  When he covered single action revolvers I kinda wish he hadn't left out the S&Ws and the Remmingtons though.  Ah well...  I knew they'd leave me wanting more.  Kinda amusing too, watching Gunny deal with that recoil from the S&W 500 mag.   ;D
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com