Bar B Q Beans

Started by Tjackstephens, August 02, 2009, 09:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

Had a friend from Texas we worked togther at a paper mill. Sometimes he would make what he called Texas Bar B Q Beans. It is easy and fast and goodl. Here goes:

Heat a can of Armour Corned Beef in a sause pan or micro wave. Stir in KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, not too much don't want it to be runnie.
Heat Bush's Maple Cured Bacon baked beans ( other brands just not as good). When you open the can pour off most the juice.
Put both (Beef and Beans) in togther add brown sugar on top and stir then heat again.
If it is too thick add more barbecue sauce.
Serve on top of buns with pickles, ect. Good with potatoe chips.

Good to be outside a while after you eat.  ;D

This meal fits all my aka's.  When I shoot I am Texas Jack:  When I eat I am Hungry Jack:  Sometimes after I eat I am Texas Gas;  When I eat a lot and sleep I am Lumber Jack.  ;D

Hope you like that ole Texas Cowboy's Bar B Q Texas Beans. Tj  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cole Bluesteele

Texas Jack,

Ya betta watch out!  'Cause if ya eat a bunch ya can grow up ta be "Jumbo Jack"

Cole, who hopes to see you in November

Tjackstephens

Cole, my wife tells me to always face the person that is taking pictures, not to stand sideways. Wonder why??   Tj ;D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Ottawa Creek Bill

TJ.....
I printed out the recipe and plan to make it sometime this week...gonna add lots & lots of hot peppers though!! ;D ;D
I likes som!

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Tjackstephens

Bill, hope you like it. All the guys on my shift use to like it. Tj

Pancho Peacemaker

Since we're sharin' good meals, this is one of mine:  Wild Game Cajun Red Beans

Ingredients:

3 cans dark red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 to 1.5 pounds of game meat (I've used venison, feral pork, dove, quail or pheasant; if you don't have wild game, ground beef will do.)
1 link of smoked sausage (about 1 to 1.5 pounds)
I medium sized jar of picante sauce (your choice, I've used Pace "hot" salsa or a local brand called "Hell on the Red")
Tobasco sauce
Worchestshire sauce

1. Cut the game meat into bite-sized pieces. Cook the wild game meat in a pan with oil until it's browned. (Cooked enough to eat)

2. Cut the smoked sausage links into 1/4" thick slices

3. Get out your crock pot or slow cooker
First put in all four cans of beans, then the sausage, then the meat, then the picante sauce, then three tablespoons of the worchestshire sauce, then one to three tablespoons of the tobasco sauce (depends on how hot you want it). Layering the ingredients like this is important.

4. Set the crock pot to low. You will want to cook this for 4 to 8 hours total. The longer, the better flavor. Don't stir it for the first 2 hours. After that stir the stuff about every 2 hours.

5. Serve it hot over rice with corn bread on the side. This makes enough to feed 6 to 8 people. Also, makes good left-overs.

6. If you're going out for a hunt: Cook this up a few days before your hunt. Freeze it. Then take it out and thaw it in a kettle over your campfire. It makes great camp food.

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Tjackstephens

Pancho, sounds good.  Hey we will be chasing Poncho Villa the 5th Saturday of this month at the Green River Rangers Company B. Don't think we catch him though. Thanks for the stages, we will put them to good use. Tj

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy, friends.
Them beans sound GOOD!

Make sure you go over to "Cosie's Corner" and post those recipes there, too.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Rowdy Fulcher

Steel Horse
Your not turning into a cook are you . A tanker , and now a spoon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jed Cooper

Quote from: Rowdy Fulcher on August 03, 2009, 06:32:44 PM
Steel Horse
Your not turning into a cook are you . A tanker , and now a spoon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rowdy,  Take it from me, SHB don't cook, but he sure can eat ;)     Jed
"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

Tjackstephens

Jed, Steel Horse likes to blow things up. These beans will sure blow you up. Tj  ;)  :D  ;D  ;D

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Jed Cooper on August 04, 2009, 06:50:59 AM
Rowdy,  Take it from me, SHB don't cook, but he sure can eat ;)     Jed

:o ::) ;)  Jeff

Quote from: Rowdy Fulcher on August 03, 2009, 06:32:44 PM
Steel Horse
You're not turning into a cook are you?  A tanker , and now a spoon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Howdy!

Rowdy, I can't be an effective Tanker any more 'cause of my physical (not mental  ::) ) concerns, but eating was my secondary MOS, so I just do whut I'm good at! Jeff

;D

Quote from: Tjackstephens on August 04, 2009, 12:42:03 PM
Jed, Steel Horse likes to blow things up. Tj  ;)  :D  ;D  ;D

Thanks for the nice comment, Tj !

:D  Jeff

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

SHB, I'm glad to see you on the wire. Let's sit down together and have a couple of gourmet MRE's!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Steel Horse Bailey

Gourmet?  MRE's?!

Surely you jest!

"No - I'm not kidding and stop calling me Shirley!"

::) ;D

Texas Lawdog

Well,That's what I get for trying to be neighborily and share my MRE's.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Tjackstephens

Texas Lawdog, When I use to bear hunt with my dogs, there would be a lot of us in bear camp. We would grap a little breakfast and head out. Stop at lunch and yes, have a MRE. By the time we had lunch, they tasted pretty good. Following those dogs through the mountains makes you enjoy MRE'S. The meal at night was better, we would quater potatoes and lower a wire basket full of them into a black iron hugh pot of oil. Add fried bear, biscuit and gravey it was a good meal. Then sat around the camp fire and talk about which dog did what on the bears we treed. It was good times, can't climb the mountains and follow the dogs now. The mountains have gotten to tall, but remember it well and those MRE'S. Thanks for bring it back. Tj 

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on August 05, 2009, 01:02:54 AM
Well,That's what I get for trying to be neighborily and share my MRE's.

Sorry, pal.  Your generosity is legend and I thank you.  I actually came to enjoy, er ... tolerate, er ... tolerate enjoyably some of the MREs.   I think I'm one of the few who liked the egg (ish) breakfast meal.  Also, the tuna-noodle casserole ... IF and only IF I had one of the squeezy-cheezy packets to mix with it.  The fact that I HATE fish makes this fact even more incredible!  I also favored the meatball meal greatly.

By the time we went to Desert Shield/Storm, the MREs were in their 3rd "edition."  I hear they're to about 7 "editions" now, and taste pretty decent.

Tj, sounds like you had some "shinin' times."  Enjoy the memories.

Tjackstephens

SHB, glad to see you back on the wire. Sure missed you at the National, hope I can make the Eastern Regional and you will be there. Yes, I've had some great hunts with my friend and our little black dogs. Fear with my back problems that that is in the past now. I sure miss it, love to be out there and hear the dogs working a track. I am doing well right now. They have burned the nerves on each side of my back and right now the pain is gone or very little. That just covers it up as the damage is still there. But I don't care as long as I can function with out the pain. Sure hope it last and I can make the Eastern and the one in Texas. May be we can have some of these Texas Bar B Q Beans. Tj

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Tjackstephens on August 05, 2009, 11:20:57 AM
SHB, glad to see you back on the wire. Sure missed you at the National, hope I can make the Eastern Regional and you will be there. Yes, I've had some great hunts with my friend and our little black dogs. Fear with my back problems that that is in the past now. I sure miss it, love to be out there and hear the dogs working a track. I am doing well right now. They have burned the nerves on each side of my back and right now the pain is gone or very little. That just covers it up as the damage is still there. But I don't care as long as I can function with out the pain. Sure hope it last and I can make the Eastern and the one in Texas. May be we can have some of these Texas Bar B Q Beans. Tj

Glad you're doing OK, or at least as good as possible.  I look forward to the Eastern and hope my health co-operates.  I sure wish the "Dog of Law from Texas" could make it up here for it.  Jed Cooper and I both look forward to meeting him sometime.  I don't know about our attendance at this year's Grand Muster, which he was able to attend LAST year.

Well, enough personal stuff and back to the crock of beans!  Yummy!

Rowdy Fulcher

SHB
Glad to see you back on the wire .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com