Pedersoli 1873 Trapdoor Carbine Video

Started by Rowdy Fulcher, July 18, 2009, 08:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
We have shot a video of the Trapdoor Carbine and the Carbine ammo from Powder Inc. They are offering the original Calvary load
which are a real sweetheart to shoot . 

www.youtube.com/user/rowdyfulcher

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
Did anyone notice the 45-55 brass in the air on the You Tube  picture .
Has anyone tried the carbine loads yet ?

Drydock

I've used the Carbine and my own 45-55-405 loads at GAF matchs with great success, and great fun!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Marshal Deadwood

Rowdy, ya bout got me sold on a carbine...I 'think' I'd personally like to have a Sharps '74 military carbine,,and I have a bit of familarity with .45-55-405 loads. Actually, if one keeps their shots in a decent mental 'distance parameter',,thats not a bad hunting load,,,very efficent. Have killed several deer with that very load.

Kinda saving some change now,,and if these 'hard times' would ease a bit, I might could see my way clear for another rifle..and I'm almost sure it would be a '74Sharps mililtary carbine or a Trapdoor carbine.

I'm a HUGE fan of the 45-70gvt..to me,,it's all a cartridge needs,,or outta,,be.

Have been casting soem Lyman 'mold 125, 500gr bullets...but I believe that would make a carbine rock and roll a wee bit too much...sure puts a wee thump in a full compressed ( 68gr FF)bp 45-70 cartridge.

Thanks for the videos , Rowdy, I sure enjoy them.

MD

Rowdy Fulcher

Marshal
EMF is carrying the carbine , and it works great .I have enjoyed shooting it .

Doug.38PR

I like it I like it!!!  Looking to get one myself in about a month.  I like your gunbelt.  I have a Rio Grande belt with .45 Long Colt loops and a John Wesley Hardin crossdraw holster for a 7 inch Schofield.   I was wondering, will those .45 Long Colt loops handle .45-70 cartridges too?   Or should I buy an additional ammo carrier for the .45-70

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Drydock on July 26, 2009, 02:37:26 PM
I've used the Carbine and my own 45-55-405 loads at GAF matchs with great success, and great fun!

I can attest to that as I stood behind you once when you shot out to 400 yds.  ;)  Sarge, what's your loading process for the 55 gr. loads? I tried some in my Sharps conv. carbine & they didn't shoot nearly as good as the 70 gr. load.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com