camp stool in the works

Started by cowboy316, June 28, 2009, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

hey pards been working on a camp stool for my mom and dads cabin workin on the back grounding now the startthe beveling
enjoy pards
    Cowboy316

Ned Buckshot

Just BEAUTIFULL! That's all I can say!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Gun Butcher

Wondered where you were Pard. But I can see you have been busy. Great lookin' work Cowboy.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

thanks guys ive been having to work some to get bills paid and having a rough time of it with my knees but ill
be ok tryin to do carpentry is tuff when your hurting but its really all i know
thanks for the kind words
Cowboy316

Gun Butcher

Hey Cowboy, I fully understand that " doing it because its all you know " thing. Some one asked me yesterday when I was going to retire and I hurt myself laughing.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Heck, Cowboy, you could stop right there and slap a coat of antique on it for a finish. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Hey Cowboy, lookin real good there. Camp stools are a good thing to have, especially ones that have been custom built. Your folks will love it. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dalton Masterson

Looks very elegant 316.
Message me tomorrow, and I will let you know what I have for edgers.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Wiley Desperado

Cowboy your carving is just down right outstanding very well done. 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looking good 316, you have this carving thing down pat. ::) 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;)
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dr. Bob

C316,

CRISP!!  Great job of carving.  You are improving at warp speed.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Good job, nice depth to the carving and backgrounding.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy,

Beautiful! What a great job of carving!. I sure look forward to seeing the finished project.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Nice. How are those camp stools to sit in by the way? I've never had the pleasure.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

cowboy316

thanks pards for the encouraging words and all the help keeps me going forward
Santee i had an old camp stool i did when i was a kid from tandy that was the three legged type and it was very comfy to sit in have had the pleasure to sit in the new design yet but will soon ill let ya know how it feels
thanks again pards
   Cowboy316

GunClick Rick

Makin my hand hurt lookin at that.I'll take one ;D :) when ya start sellin "em" ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboy316

ok pards other than doing the lacing the camp stool is done it dye in 2 coats of antique tan and 2 coats of skidmores  and as for the lacing im gonna do a doouble loop in dark brown or black not sure yet
check it out
  Cowboy316

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Very nice job on the stool.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

WaddWatsonEllis

I have often looked at those stools and believed that they could be the penultimate gun cart accessory.
If I did do one (or two *S*), it would be my first leather project since that Boy Scout wallet some four (or was it five) decades ago.

I am not talking about the carving and such ... my plan would be to keep that area covered as  much as possible ... how difficult a leatherworking project is it? Good for a rank Beginner?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

cowboy316

Wadd
its a fairly simple kit i just did my own design on it cuz i wanted something orignal
thak care thanks for the kind words pards
Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com