Mare's Leg Rig

Started by Mississippi Sam, June 22, 2009, 01:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mississippi Sam

Howdy all!

I just finished creating this rig for a customer.  I thougt I'd slap it up on the board and get y'all's input. 

Thanks!!!

GunClick Rick

Looks good to me..Unbelievable what you guys do.Here's an original.Cap rifle that is...Now i gotta get a real one.

Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboywc

Howdy
That is pretty cool.
Did the customer not want the spring steel clip for the barrel?
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice Pard " Very Nice "

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

Looks right perdy pardner!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Gun Butcher

Sam, that is a fine looking rig and man does it bring back memories. Wanted Dead or Alive was one of my all time favorite shows. Now I gotta figure out how to get me one.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a really cool rig. I've always liked the mare's leg. Nice job. Thanks for sharing that one. ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wiley Desperado

Wow, very cool now I see how that works the gun hangs by the saddle ring.  Nice leather work Mississippi Sam. 

Slowhand Bob

Cowboy WC, I lost the link in a computer crash sometime back but did have one on holster springs.  Specifically they were for shoulder holster rigs but might have worked on a mares leg???  Kinda funny but I just had a fellow call me seeking a mares leg holster for his new toy.  If my search for a spring turns up anything usable I will post it here. 

Slowhand Bob

Well, I am working on a couple of fronts in search of the spring retainer clip for a Mares Leg.  Found quite a few finished holsters, of different types, on my Google search and have put a feeler out over on the WIRE, not much hope there, and have a kid coming soon, I hope, who claims he can rescue most of my lost files from the old computer.  It is just possible that the spring retainer from a skeleton shoulder holster would work here as well.  At any rate I just might spend an afternoon checking the building supply stores, sometimes these searches will turn up material sources that surprise even me,  hmmm, small pipe hangers, shower head fixtures or a MagLight wall mount????

One thing that this has certainly proven, my memory sure has gotten bad.  If anyone had asked me to describe the holster used in the TV episodes, it would have been very different from the real thing.  I remember the muzzle resting in an open front leather cup with a spring clip placed up much higher than the reality.  Ill bet those three old '92s used for the filming got dropped an awful lot!   

Ned Buckshot

The last spring clips I got came from River Junction Trade Co. in McGregor, IA.

Try there and if you can't find any at all I've got an extra one I can send you.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Slowhand Bob

Thanks Ned, DUHHHH, now I am thinking that these were the guys that had them in the past.  It is now highly unlikely that I will make the specialty holster myself, I am just to busy to take on commercial responsibilities.  Leather has become enjoyable to me again, now that I only do it on a hobby basis, so I am in no rush to take on deadlines, etc, etc.  I have found a couple of custom sources that should be able to provide for what the pard wants.  Seems the source he was working with, before coming to me, could not or would not do the holster as a left hand and leave off the metal hook at the top, to be replaced by a speed break leather release?  The guy runs one of our larger local gun shops so I would like to keep him happy, just in case  ::) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com