Ace Lunger, and what he's going through

Started by Ten Wolves Fiveshooter, June 19, 2009, 05:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

Well, it looks like the group can definitely empathize with him ... Like Groucho Marx once said, "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself".

Give him all my best ... does anyone live close enough to check if he or his family needs something that we could do?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the update, pards.

Be sure to add my name to that card, too.

Many thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I talked to Ace today, he's had a rough week, but he's fighting, he has to deal with pain without the aid of any pain meds. so it's been difficult for him, for all of you that have had back pain including myself you know what that takes out of you, he was on the forum today, and was over joyed with the fact that  we all care this much for him even though he hasn't met any of us in person, I told him it was the Cowboy Way and he's family, Ace is having trouble getting his core temperature up, even in the warm weather they are having he runs cold, he's still very weak and stays in bed most the time, but he's working at getting better so he can rejoin us as soon as he is up to it, he's been off the Morphine patches a month now, so he is making headway.

As Aces Friend, I can't thank you all enough for the way are all responding to him.

Thanks

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I talked to Ace yesterday on the fourth of July, he said the week had been better up until it started to rain, then the arthritis set in and he has had to stay in bed for the most part, he's been off the pain meds. for five weeks now, and has no plans of going back on them, this was a hard lesson to learn, some times you need to question these Doctors before agreeing  to what they want to put you on. Ace said to say Howdy to everyone, and is grateful to have all of us on his side.

tEN wOLVES 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dr. Bob

10W,

Thanks for the update.  We are all  pulling for Ace!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, TW. He's a good pard and it'll be nice to have him back.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Like many here, and many my age, I sure can commiserate with Ace.

Hang in there man! JD 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

Ace called me yesterday, he had been to court all day,and was in pain just from that, he had to sit out in his car, because he couldn't sit on the court benches, no support for his back, so the judge assigned him a new Doctor, an Orthopedic Dr. so he now has to wait to get an appointment with him, he was hoping to get a Dr. in pain management, but his attorney said they had to play the game, and if he doesn't get any relief with this new Dr. that they will push for a pain management Dr. next, he should of had a pain management Dr. years ago, just goes to show you how screwed up the Workers Comp. is, they give you so much time to get well, and if you don't they make your life miserable, this shouldn't be happening here in America. Anyway I thought you all would like to hear what's happening, Ace is still hurting, and is not up to joining us yet, but told me to tell you all Thanks for being there for him, and he considers you all to be the best friends a Pard could have.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

Forty Rod

My wife is a Worker's Comp Hearing Rep.  You can't believe how badly WC has gone downhill in the last 10-12 years, especially in California since Schwartzie took over.  He totally gutted the system in favor of the insurance companies and their pet quacks.  As bad as it was, it's much worse now.  If BO succeeds in taking over the nation's health care it will vanish altogether.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Doc O

I don't trust our worker comp Doctor any farther then I could through them and I got bad a sholder.
I work for the state and guess how the comp Doctors work for. Yep you guess it! :o

Tell Ace HI for me.
Doc O

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Forty I agree, I'm on WC now, I worked in my trade for 45 years, 6 days a week all those years, I took a fall in 05, and my life hasn't been the same, because of there CARE LESS attitude I lost most of the use of my dominant hand, and I'm still paying for the two shoulder surgeries I had, not money wise but pain wise, I had heard stories over the years about how bad it was, but didn't really believe all that I heard, until this happened to me , what and eye opener, we need to get these idiots out of office, and give our Country back to Americans, legal ones.

Didn't mean to be so windy

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Ned Buckshot

Thanks for the update!

I agree with all of you it's S/N/A/F/U!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Glad Ace is thinkin' of us because we are sure thinking about him.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

JD Alan

The back injury that caused me to lose two discs was work related. I slipped on the edge of a rain wet metal trailer floor trying to grab something that was packed wrong, and went out the back of the trailer. I landed on the ramp. Worker's Comp was almost worse than the back injury. It took four years to get permission for an MRI that proved what I was saying all along, and finally allowed the needed surgery.

The pain continues 25 years later, and the latest hospital stay messed it up real good. Thankfully I have good health insurance, but truthfully, there's not a lot they can do. I try real hard to stay away from pain meds, because of what Ace is goiong through now.

My mom was addicted to oxy because of her back injury. The doctors knew it, but her back was so bad she didn't have a lot of options.

Bottom line, Ace, you got a lot of people pullin and praying for ya! JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

Quote from: JD Alan on July 10, 2009, 01:17:50 PM

Bottom line, Ace, you got a lot of people pullin and praying for ya! JD

I just want to double what JD said. I know Ace is the kind of pard that appreciates loyal friends and I think I can speak for a lot of the guys on the forum when I say that he has a lot of very loyal friends around these parts.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com