A Long One for GCR

Started by Ned Buckshot, June 19, 2009, 04:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

I just finished this one for Rick, it sure is long! :o

Sorry about the lousey picture. It's really hard to get that long of a holster in one picture with any detail. ::)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

outrider

Ned,

Great job on that extra long "hot dog" holster.  I have done several like that and they certainly do get comments when they are worn on the range.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ned Buckshot

Thanks Outrider!

Your opinion is received with great respect for you and your skills.

My fingers are still achin' from all that hand stitching! :o

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks good, Ned. I have to say one like that is definitely an eye-catcher. Impressive, pard.

Quote from: Ned Buckshot on June 19, 2009, 07:33:31 AMMy fingers are still achin' from all that hand stitching! :o
;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

Ned,

I know the "aching fingers" feeling very well.. :D  But pard, you did one heck of nice job on that holster...you should be proud of that one. ;)

Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

cowboywc

Howdy Ned
That's a good lookin holster.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

RollingThunder

Try Super Blue Stuff, Ned. Keeps me goin' anyway.
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Ned Buckshot

Super Blue Stuff? Please enlighten me.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice Holster Ned, you did a good job on this. ::)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

+1 on the Super Blue stuff. JD I want to hear about anything that releives pain!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

RollingThunder

Super Blue Stuff is a linament-kinda stuff. Works for my aching elbow and wrist. You can pick it up at most Walgreens and CVS stores.

Gun Butcher

Nice job on the holster Ned, does it come with a little belt to strap around your leg? That would be the only way I could draw that thing ;D ;)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ned Buckshot

No it's set up as a cross draw per Ricks request.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

JD Alan

RT, thanks for the shout back on Super Blue. I'd not heard of it, but it's nice to hear about a product from a real user, not just a company add. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

RollingThunder

I used to use Watkins linament, however I can't find it anymore. So the Blue helps a lot!

Curley Cole

There is another product the is a bit hard to find. And it sounds like a "joke", but it was introduced to my mother by an old Mexican nurse that had been in a car accident (steering column had puncured her chest) and this stuff was the only thing that got her any relief.

It is called Numbero Ono (think that is the spelling) I have mostly found it in Mexican markets and drug stores. You would compare it to Icy-hot. Has the same smell and texture due to the campor and stuff, but for some reason it penatrates much deeper.

It is well worth the hunt to find it.

good shootin
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Good information Pards, I'd like to add one that works 100% of the time for me , and that's a Home-Medics, Magnetic Bracelet, being in the meat business as long as I have, our hands take a real beating during the holidays, I was taking just about everything for pain relief, when a friend suggested I try the Bracelet, my family was on our way to the show, when I decided to stop  at a department store and pick one up, I adjusted it the way they said to , and put it on, with in 45 minutes the pain was gone, I wore it to work for the next 4/5 weeks and was able to take it off, now when ever pain pops up in my hand I put it on. It's the best thing I ever did for pain in my hands.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

I'm a firm believer in those magnetics. Sounds hokey, but once you try it, you'll be convinced.

GunClick Rick

Folks i just got back from GODS country up in the Sierras.Kings Canyon to be exact.I had to put my buddy down after 17 years of him bein my shadow,mom had some health problems and my duaghter has a shindig this saturday,she is gettin married to a feller from the great state of Texas.My ole brain has been feeling like a cieling fan turnin at high speed.My cousin called me and said he was at his cabin at Wilsonia Grant Grove area and told me to get my tiny hiney up there and chill and destress,i did just that.The weather was bueatiful and the wind sounded great blowin through the pines and the second day i started breathin again.I have lived near that place all my life and it never fails to calm me down and allow me to recharge.Thank you cousin.
I just got back last night and Ned Buckshot sent me a pic of the holster,i had no idea it would get done that quick as i always say take your time,it's worth the wait.I just think Ned is a top notch person and leather maker,i have a couple other things made by him one of which is my favorite of all time moose antler knife he made me.I believe that knife will go with me to the other side..It fits my hand perfect and how he did that i don't know,it has good spirit in it for sure.
I needed a holster for a 1 of 5000 1858 Buffalo Hunter with 12 inch barrel( i got a few long barreled revolvers,i just like them) and i just happen to see Ned here after a long time of not knowin where he went and we did some horse tradin and i ended up with a totally sweeet holster.When i saw Ned i knew who i wanted to make it.He lives way over yonder and i live way over here but i sure would like to meet him face to face and shake his hand,he is a great person.
I have been sort of bummed out lately with alot of emotion goin on and bein at the cabin did me alot of good,then i come home and see this bueatiful holster that he worked on so hard and i got a big smile on my face,poifect timing ;D When someone makes something hand done it's an honor to recieve it,you all know what i mean,it stays with me forever.Thnak you Ned Buckshot for a nice handmade holster,i really apreciate it.made my day.Happy Fathers day to all the fathers,i think i am ready for that weddin now :P :-\ :-X Thank You Ned!!! :) :D ;D
Here's where i were.
small meadow

Buck Rock Lookout

Info center POOP game

Bear foot

Bronze poodwecker

Rocky Racoon on da porch

Hume Lake (old logging lake)

My old buddy Squirt Dog RIP and the knife that Ned made hangin below the picture of suirty

Bunch a ole scudders!

Curley Cole

First pix looks like the meadow behind Grants Grove..

hope yer kid is happy

happy dads day

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com