Next Contest Saddle

Started by cowboywc, June 16, 2009, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

Howdy Wayne, I've been following your progress, but not commenting on it. Everything looks great. When do you have to have it done? What contest are you headed for ?

I'm looking forward to seeing Ace start to fly on carving once he's met with you. It's a good thing you're doing.

Say hi to Sandi, God bless, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboywc

Howdy JD
I have to be on the road the 29th of Sept. The show is in Witchita Falls Tx. the first weekend in Oct.
I'm looking forward to meeting Ace and spending the day carving.
Sandi says Hi.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

Tooling is done except for the final wide bevel. Then all the deco cuts.
Have to leave early to go to funeral. Might get more done tonight.
WC

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

::) :o 8)Looking Good Wayne  ;D

TW  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That does look fine, pard.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Well all the inside Deco cuts are done. The eyes are shot so the rest will have to wait til tomorrow night.
Have to work on my car in the morning to get it ready for my trip.
WC

JD Alan

Most people have been focusing on your swivel knife work, and rightly so, but what about the stitching around that horn! That looks amazing to me. I really hope they have some competent judges at this show you're headed to, and that they understand what it takes to do this kind of work. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Gun Butcher

JD, I couldn't have said it better. 

WC,if I understand right you are doing a final wide bevel. Looking at the pics it looks like you are using the wide bevel as a backgrounding tool. Is that right.

Quote from: cowboywc on August 22, 2009, 04:12:35 PM
Tooling is done except for the final wide bevel. Then all the deco cuts.
Have to leave early to go to funeral. Might get more done tonight.
WC
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

Howdy WC,  :)
That truely is a peice of art!!! :o :o I can't wait untill you get here!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Quote from: Gun Butcher on August 23, 2009, 02:11:58 PM
  JD, I couldn't have said it better. 

WC,if I understand right you are doing a final wide bevel. Looking at the pics it looks like you are using the wide bevel as a backgrounding tool. Is that right.

Howdy GB
I'm using it more like a matting tool.
WC

Gun Butcher

Thank you WC.  I will have to do some practice pieces when I get home and try that
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboywc

Howdy All
The seat is all carved. I'm not as happy with the outside deco cuts, my hands are killing me from wrenching on my car all day yesterday. Arthur hit real bad this morning in my right hand.
It's ok, it's just not my best.
WC

cowboywc

Detail shot

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pal

Sorry to hear about your hand, but I can relate to it, from what I'm seeing your cuts look great, and this saddle is really starting to shape up.

Hang in there Pard

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Howdy WC  :),
I got to agree with TW, sorry about Uncle Arthur, but you work is still Top Notch! Can't wait to see it done!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, Arthur didn't seem to diminish your ability to do a good job. Very nice.

Gun Butcher

Hey WC, it sounds to me like you are trying to put to much day into your night Pard. You got more going on than a one armed paper hanger.  You need to take a step back, stop being so hard on yourself.
I know we are our own worst critics and the work seems to take on a life of its own and demand our attention,but don't let it man. That way leads to burnout. Thats why I didn't do any leather work for so many years. Just remember to own it. Don't let it own you and get back to the fun.

By the way, those cuts look pretty damn good to me. Let the hands rest for a day or two and then get back in the game.

Gun Butcher

cowboywc

Howdy GB
I know all about the 'Burnout" thing. Did that a couple years ago.
Problem is I don't have a day or so to give the hands a rest. Have to remake the rear jockys. Finished one today.
Still have to line and sew the skirts and cover the stirups. I only have 3 1/2 weeks left and I still have a store to run.
;D
WC

Gun Butcher

Yea, I understand all that. Its the only reason I am where I am today. Things keep needing to be done even though we don't feel like it.  So, we go ahead and do them and wish it was some other way.
Just hang in there and try to ease up when you can. Not being able to do it at all or messing up at this point would really be a killer.
GB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com