Started by cowboywc, June 16, 2009, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Another view
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Totally AWESOME, WC, ::) :o ;D 8)

TW  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

WC, beeen out of touch for a while> I see you have been very busy. That is a fantastic piece of work in anyones eyes. It has been an honor to have been allowed to see each step in your progress and it has inspired me many times.
I will continue to work on mine as soon as I can and with a little luck one of these days it will be finished also.

Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Dr. Bob

+1  TW said it all!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ottawa Creek Bill

Great looking saddle WC. Would like to see you do a period correct half seat for your next project.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

cowboy316

:o ;D :o all i can do is try not to drool on my keyboard awesome WC
Cowboy316

cowboywc

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on September 09, 2009, 10:34:36 PM
Great looking saddle WC. Would like to see you do a period correct half seat for your next project.

Bill
Howdy OCB
Only if someone orders one. I don't have any need for one and don't have the room for it to set around waiting to get sold.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, WC. I'm totally impressed with that one. Outstanding.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Howdy WC,  :)
I have to agree with what the guys all said about that saddle, it is KILLER :o :o Everyday that goes by is one day closer :) :)
You guys put so much work in those saddles If I could make one, it would take me a year or longer to make!!
In my opion saddle making is a art in it's own world!!! :o :o I am starting a new rig for a Pard out west, and I have spent over 10 hours doing the lay out work! If I can get 2 hours a day to work on it, it will take 3-4 weeks to get it done! I don't think I could get a saddle ever made!!!
Man I cannot wait untill you get here!! :) there has been a ton of pards on here helping me with everything, and a lot have helped me in carving, but to get the hands on and to meet you will be a very special moment! 8) 8)

Thanks for showing us, all the hard work and steps it takes to make a saddle, my hat is off to all you saddle makers!!!!
Can't wait to see ya!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy All
It's Done. Just have to hang the latigos and get a chinch in the morning.
WC

Ace Lungger

Howdy WC,
That sure is Purdy!!!!!!! I was just wondering, will it get darker or will it stay pretty close to that color? Since I never have done anything in natural oil, I hear you guys talk about Sun Tanning, but since I don't know what you used as a final coat, wheter or not it will darken in the Sun?

It is getting closer  :) :) :) :)
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well WC you did it again, you make me proud Pard, your saddle is Fantastic, beautiful cuts and the way you laid out your design all your knife work just pops out, and your finish as always is just beautiful, Think you have a winner here.

Best of luck in the contest :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

The saddle looks fantastic WC. No matter what happens at the contest, your work is a winner! I'm grateful I had an opportunity to see it up close. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

cowboywc

Quote from: Ace Lungger on September 15, 2009, 08:16:51 AM
Howdy WC,
That sure is Purdy!!!!!!! I was just wondering, will it get darker or will it stay pretty close to that color? Since I never have done anything in natural oil, I hear you guys talk about Sun Tanning, but since I don't know what you used as a final coat, wheter or not it will darken in the Sun?

It is getting closer  :) :) :) :)
ACE
Howdy Pal
Yes it will darken with time. Everytime it gets oiled it will darken.
WC

Gun Butcher

WC, it really finished off good. Now, with any luck at all maybe I can get mine done this year.
Got all my fingers and toes crossed that you will get the right kind of judges.  But , at any rate you won the blue ribbon around here.

GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Boy, that really is beautiful, WC. I love the design and the way you executed it. Perfect visual balance. Very well done. GB is right, that one is a winner. ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Thank you all for the kind words.
I had fun building this one even when it was giving me fits.
WC

cowboywc

Howdy All
I took my saddle to a friend of mine who is a really good saddle maker and IMHO the best chap maker on the planet, Dave Thornbury.
We talked about the minor things that I need to do on the next one. I also go to see how it looks on a horse.  ;D
WC

Ace Lungger

WC,
That realy looks good!!!! Great design, and the carving is AWESOME!!! You Rock!!!!!!!
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com