Next Contest Saddle

Started by cowboywc, June 16, 2009, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Howdy All
Got the jockys done and they fit  ;D
Made the latigo  and cinch hangers also.
Getting closer.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboy316

WC
your awesome i wish i was closer id love to the learn the art of saddle making from you i just love your scroll work cant wait to see the finished product
Cowboy316

Gun Butcher

Wow, WC,  I love the look of it. The basket weave running front to back and then continuing on the cantle back just does it. The saddle has a different look to it because of the weave. I think it will catch the judges eyes just like it does ours. It should appeal to a traditionalist or a modernist whichever way their line floats. Whatever the outcome we all think you have really outdone yourself on this one.
                                              GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

WOW :o :o :o :o

Wayne that is AWSOME!!!!
You Rock!
later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

WC it's looking Beautiful Pal  ::) :o ;D 8)

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

I have to agree with the pards here, WC. That's really something special already. Can't wait to see the finished saddle.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy All
Last Sun our Leather Guild went to a local fair and did demos all day. I sewed the skirts. I just have to lace them together and they are done.
Just have to sew the cantle binding and cover the stirrups.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Good photo. The artist at work. Thanks. :D

Gun Butcher

Hey WC, you are almostt there. Looking good man.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Dang that some thick leather too..Is that the usuall to have what looks to me a couple layers of leather?
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboywc

Howdy
Yes there are a few places that have 2 or more layers of thick skirting.
WC

cowboywc

Howdy All
Got hte cantle binding stitched on today.
Getting closer.
WC

Dr. Bob

Man, that's looking mighty fine!! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

That's looking good. I can hardly wait to see it finished. Be sure to post several pics from different angles. :D

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

It's looking good Pal  ::) ;D

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Pardon me for saying so, but any respectable horesman would be proud to own such a fine looking peice of craftsmanship, and I do tell, if any such person would show any negative impression in my presents, I would certianly have to be friend this person, and take matters in my own hands! :) :)

Man that is AWESOME WC, can't wait till OCT.
Later
ACE
Acting the part is so much fun! :) :)
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy
Cantle binding is done. Will oil it next week.
WC

cowboywc

Back side

FEATHERS

G'Day WC,Looking really good pard,are those brass tacks on the rear of the cantle?? I have just been given an old western pony saddle that is fairly well worn,but it has all the fittings.What is your best idea on how to strip it & use the old leather for a pattern.This will be my 1st attempt at saddle work any info will be appreciated.Feathers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com