Don't know if ya'll saw this -- Will's got a SALE!

Started by RollingThunder, June 15, 2009, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollingThunder

No, he doesn't have a sail for his prairie schooner, he's got a sale going on over at his website. It's a MAO sale. No he's not selling dead Chinese leaders. He's got everything listed as "Make An Offer" and the best offer gets it.

I'd hate to be insulting about it, but there's several pieces on there I'd love to have, but I know Will's normal prices (and he deserves every penny) and I can honestly say that anything I could scrape together for what I want would still be an insult.

Well, that and the fact that I shoot black-powder C&B and most of the gunleather on there is for cartridge weapons. Grrr.

Anywho, ya'll who haven't yet scurried over there best do so soon! Looks like it's a' goin fast! There's movie leather, used and unused, crucifixes, and even a really gorgeous saddle previously sat by Michael Martin Murphy. Had to wipe the drool off'n my chin on that one.

BTW ... Will ... we need to update you to a real store. One that can handle your inventory work, tax reporting, sales, testimonials, cross-marketing, SEO, vouchers and coupons, articles, and even a few differ'nt languages (although the ones I'm thinkin' of have yet to install with a "cowboy-speak" lang file). As good as your work is, your site really should reflect that with a slick interface and a back-end that could help you handle your office chores.

Just a thought.  ;D
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

will ghormley

Hey Rollin' Thunder,

I appreciate the plug, and the thoughts concerning my business.  But, I've had to come to terms with my limitations.  I do all right with leather, but I'm a flop with technology and business.  I'm a small, one-man shop.  If I don't know how to do it, it don't get done.  All that technical stuff is beyond me.  Anyway, leather is just somethin' I'm doin' till my career as an exotic dancer takes off.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Curley Cole

I done spent a good share of my allowance in Will's establishment, and ya all know how good a work he does...

but I think i would break open the piggy bank to spectate that exotic dancer...

good shootin
curley
ps  and he has some good deals goin on right now..
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

cowboywc

Howdy
I'm not sure how that exotic dancing will work at the next Cowboy Church :)
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

RollingThunder

Hey now ... David stripped down and danced before the Lord. Why can't Will.

Wait. David was a lot younger, and that was a wholly diffrn't culture.

OK. Scrap that idea.

In all seriousness Will, alot of the things I mentioned can be automated. If you can fill out a web-form, you can manage something like an OSCart or CRE Loaded store. And it may even be part of your hosting package as an auto-install.
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

JD Alan

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your bid-ness. I just read the tag line on your posts.

Exploit your strengths, compensate for your weaknesses

I started working with leather in the last half of my 58th year, and I just turned 60. Old dogs can learn new tricks, if there is someone to give instruction

I would probablyu have packed it in by now, except for the great advice I receive here

Very few artists run the business end of their galleries. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

will ghormley

I could probably learn a few new tricks, like right now, I'm tryin' to figure out how to use my digital movie camera so I can take moving pictures of the prospectin' trip.  So far, I've figured out how to get it out of the case and put it back.

I just need to figure out a way to make enough extra cash that I can pay someone to figure out that stuff for me.  But, no matter how many dollars my wife stuffs in my chaps, we don't seem to be able to get any money ahead...

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Major 2

"...don't seem to be able to get any money ahead"

I resemble that remark  :-X
when planets align...do the deal !

Forty Rod

Quote from: will ghormley on June 16, 2009, 12:28:53 AM
Hey Rollin' Thunder,

I appreciate the plug, and the thoughts concerning my business.  But, I've had to come to terms with my limitations.  I do all right with leather, but I'm a flop with technology and business.  I'm a small, one-man shop.  If I don't know how to do it, it don't get done.  All that technical stuff is beyond me.  Anyway, leather is just somethin' I'm doin' till my career as an exotic dancer takes off.

Will

A "Gentlemen's Club" in Pomona is looking for exotic dancers. I can send you the clipping from the want ads.  ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Gun Butcher

That extra money thing can be mighty humbling sometimes.

:o I should leave this be but I can't,is Forty Rod lookin' fer work to or,  ??? ;D ::)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com