Just checking...

Started by Frenchie, June 09, 2009, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenchie

Because of, you know, this CRS that comes with aging... now, I could've sworn I knew what CRS means... I had it just a minute ago...

Well, anyway, the Ruger Vaquero and New Vaquero are kosher for NCOWS, or do I have that wrong (as usual)? I have three or four leads on relatively inexpensive ones, and just wanted to make sure.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Quick Fire

They are NCOWS legal Frenchy.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Irish Dave

Quickfire has it right. The new and old model Vaqueros are legal.........the Vaquero BISLEYS are not.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Frenchie

Thanks, pards, for making sure. Yeah, if you compare pics of the original Bisley and a Ruger Bisley, the differences are obvious. I agree that the Ruger Bisley doesn't meet our standards. I'd like to find a Uberti Bisley at a good price, but alas, they seem to be very scarce.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Frenchie on June 10, 2009, 11:04:26 AM
Thanks, pards, for making sure. Yeah, if you compare pics of the original Bisley and a Ruger Bisley, the differences are obvious. I agree that the Ruger Bisley doesn't meet our standards. I'd like to find a Uberti Bisley at a good price, but alas, they seem to be very scarce.

Looking for Uberti Bisley:  Call CDNN Sports 800-588-9500.  They have the Beretta (Uberti) Bisley on sale for $399.  I picked up a pair a few months ago and they are nice.  I believe Beretta is discontinuing these.  CDNN is a big firearm overstock/closeout warehouse in Abilene, Texas.  I deal with them frequently.  Ask for a salesman named Marshall.  He'll go in the warehouse and hand pick you consecutive serial number guns if you want.

They don't list their guns online, but you can download their firearm catalog here:  http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

I gave Dr. Bob my last CDNN catalog at the Nationals last week.  You might look at his copy, but I think the drool probably ruined all the print by now.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Dr. Bob

Pancho,

Just the CAS section!  It's all a blur! :( ::) ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com