Just Finished

Started by cowboywc, May 30, 2009, 07:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Howdy All
Just finished this Banjo Strap for a friend of mine.(Herb Pederson) I am leaving to deliver it to him and listen to some good ol bluegrass music.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

JD Alan

The Strap is VERY cool. Herb is a player with huge talent, I'm sure you know. The Desert Rose Band was one of the finest, and WAY underated bands of all time. I'm also a Chris Hillman fan (and JD Souther). I'm sure he will love the strap. Have a great time! (Wish I was there) JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Slowhand Bob

Couldn't this be called a meeting of two artists?  Beautiful work indeed.

Johnny Dingus

Very nice WC.  Looks like Oak Planking.  Bet he will love it.

Johnny Dingus

I agree with a meeting of two artists.
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Gun Butcher

WC, that is a beautiful strap. I am sure he will like it. Also tell him he has alot of fans in the south.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

HEEEEEY!!! That is a way cool strap,i want one fer my geetar,pleeeease~~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, WC. I like the plank work on it. Thanks for the pics, pard. Impressive.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful WC, your friend will be proud to wear it ::) 8)

TW  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

knucklehead

:o

WC thats beautifull.

wish i was the friend you wer sending it to ;D ;D :(

you do outstanding work and im sure your friend will love the strap.
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Ace Lungger

Howdy WC,  :)
I got to agree with the other pards, the design is just AWESOME, You guys just amaze me how a idea pops into your head and then you just do it as if you had done it many times!! Thats why I call you guys Artist!!
Thanks for sharing that Beautifull peice of ART!
latter

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

The planks are brilliantly done! That's beautiful!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

cowboywc

Quote from: JD Alan on May 30, 2009, 08:42:31 PM
The Strap is VERY cool. Herb is a player with huge talent, I'm sure you know. The Desert Rose Band was one of the finest, and WAY underated bands of all time. I'm also a Chris Hillman fan (and JD Souther). I'm sure he will love the strap. Have a great time! (Wish I was there) JD   

Howdy JD
Thank you.
They were a great band. They just did a reunion tour a few months ago. I missed it.
Chris was there last night also. Bill Bryson plays every Sat night at a pizza parlor with a band called the Gratefull Dudes. I've know Bill since '75. Herb Sets in with them when either the banjo or guitar players can't make it.
WC

cowboywc

Howdy All
Thank you for the kind words. Herb loved it.
WC

FEATHERS

G'Day WC,Your Banjo strap is awesome,& as I play the banjo it really suits,would love to get a pattern if you know of a site.Thanks Feathers

cowboywc

Howdy Feathers
Thank you.
The pattern was Herbs, he designed the size and shape. It was 1 1/2 W x 56 3/4 long to the fold. It necks down to 1/2 where it mounts.
WC

JD Alan

Hey WC, I keep going back and looking at that strap again and again. It really is incredible. I play banjo and guitar, and I want to make straps for them (one of these days). Could you comment on the background around the word HERB? Maybe the weight of the leather you used as well. The entire strap is an inspiration, as others have noted. Thank you, JD 

cowboywc

Howdy JD
That is a PA003 from Hidecrafter. I used 7/8. The ends have to be skived down to fit under the bar.
WC

JD Alan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com